Anyone try to buy a trailer lately?

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #91  
30 week wait now with Kaufman.
Nobody wants to return to work. Cant get trailers out the door!
One thing is certain: If you pay people to not work, they will accept the checks every time.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #92  
Ordered a 20' 14K equipment trailer yesterday. Should be here on the 5th. Coming from FL to NH, and I will drive up from CT to NH to get it.
Just curious, where did you order from in FL?

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately?
Michigan trailer sales. I own the 17k one so far so good. the price and wait time was very good. it's black but has red writing on it lol, 20,000 GVWR / Heavy Duty 24 ft. Flatbed Equipment Trailer – DELUXE
Is that a dealer or a manufacturer?

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #95  
Seems like you have been missing from TBN for quite a few days.
Too busy harvesting hay?

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #96  
Is that a dealer or a manufacturer?
Both manufacture and dealer they are online, been towing my 10k skid steer with a 3/4 ton, bumper pull with pintle hitch. Trailer tracks nice, loads easy and seems well built for my needs put about 650 miles on it since April. Price has gone up for the 17k model over 500 since April.

Attachments

• 16250663777781384087001673506473.jpg
    16250663777781384087001673506473.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 99
   / Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #97  
Just curious, where did you order from in FL?
I am buying from a guy in NH who goes to FL and brings 3-4 trailers back at a time. The manufacturer is Bigfoot Trailers LLC.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #98  
The last couple of years here in Texas, many utility trailer fabrication centers got raided by the INS/Border Patrol. In one raid they hauled off 57 illegal workers and placed large fines on the American owners. Attempts to hire American workers to fabricate and assemble heavy duty utility trailers has met with no success, due to the low pay scales offered. They were offering a welding/assembly job at $10.50 per hour with no takers. Later was increased to $16.50 per hour and they hired back many of those 57 illegal workers at much higher salary, because they recieved special work permits and are now legal. So between the steel shortage and parts shortage, we can now add a definite labor shortage.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately?
The last couple of years here in Texas, many utility trailer fabrication centers got raided by the INS/Border Patrol. In one raid they hauled off 57 illegal workers and placed large fines on the American owners. Attempts to hire American workers to fabricate and assemble heavy duty utility trailers has met with no success, due to the low pay scales offered. They were offering a welding/assembly job at $10.50 per hour with no takers. Later was increased to $16.50 per hour and they hired back many of those 57 illegal workers at much higher salary, because they recieved special work permits and are now legal. So between the steel shortage and parts shortage, we can now add a definite labor shortage.
I would say the average 10k equipment trailer costs 20-40% more than one year ago. Yet very little of what I do, landscapers and contractors do is paying much more.

/ Anyone try to buy a trailer lately? #100  
I would say the average 10k equipment trailer costs 20-40% more than one year ago. Yet very little of what I do, landscapers and contractors do is paying much more.
You just cut grass .....right?