Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced?

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #101  
All the vehicles have different uses. My Wrangler gets me to work if the weather is bad, or takes us to dinner if we want. Our ATVs are fun trail machines when we want to cruise the the Hatfield McCoy trails for an afternoon. Our Talon is for rock crawling, and going where Jeeps would have to be heavily "built" to wheel. The RTV is for working at the house, and a quick ride to see neighbors. The truck pulls any of the above, hauls stuff from Home Depot and tows the dump trailer.

All have their uses and work for me. I would not take my pickup in the woods where the Talon wheels nor would I use the Talon to tow my dump trailer to get gravel.

Everyone has different uses and buys what works for them. Some buy more than one and that's great if it is what they like. Done are "dumb" if the owner is happy and it fits their lifestyle.

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #103  
For the farm the Kubota RTV900 is a real workhorse diesel.

I bought a Samurai for my side by side 25 years ago for $1050 and could easily for several times what I have in it…

For me it was good because I can take it on and off road…

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #104  
In the past 10 years using the 2 atv's we've owned, our total for joy rides was 1. Maybe we are just boring people. ;)
bossatwork10.jpg

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #105  
In the past 10 years using the 2 atv's we've owned, our total for joy rides was 1. Maybe we are just boring people. ;)View attachment 871826
I guess that depends on definition of joy ride. If I just run around looking at my place, pick some berries or mushrooms, watch deer and squirrels is it a joy ride? Brings me much joy :)
I use a quad for most things work and relaxing to the tune of 4k+ per year and it seldom goes more than a mile or 3 from the house.

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #106  
I guess that depends on definition of joy ride. If I just run around looking at my place, pick some berries or mushrooms, watch deer and squirrels is it a joy ride? Brings me much joy :)
I use a quad for most things work and relaxing to the tune of 4k+ per year and it seldom goes more than a mile or 3 from the house.
4K miles a year? I use my quad constantly, like every day, and it has under a 100 miles on it in 9 months. I need to plate it so I can start riding it to my area family members homes...

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #107  
I've got 90 ac surrounded by National forest. Cattle are about 1/2 mile up the hill and I seem them at least twice a day. I run the dogs a few miles most days and right now put on several miles retrieving the puppies. Big dogs can cover some ground in a hurry. I have a lot fence and cross fence through the woods that needs checking. There is not a lot of flat ground here so quad beats walking up and down 300' of elevation change.
I live and work here (campground) so I'm on and off the quad or one of the tractors all day long.

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #108  
I've got 90 ac surrounded by National forest. Cattle are about 1/2 mile up the hill and I seem them at least twice a day. I run the dogs a few miles most days and right now put on several miles retrieving the puppies. Big dogs can cover some ground in a hurry. I have a lot fence and cross fence through the woods that needs checking. There is not a lot of flat ground here so quad beats walking up and down 300' of elevation change.
I live and work here (campground) so I'm on and off the quad or one of the tractors all day long.
Can you ride on the national forest there? We have a large national forest by me but ATV's are strictly forbidden, as any motorized vehicles are (off road). In my younger years, all of us guys use to mud our trucks in the forest every weekend but the CO's started really crackin down on that.

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #109  
Can you ride on the national forest there? We have a large national forest by me but ATV's are strictly forbidden, as any motorized vehicles are (off road). In my younger years, all of us guys use to mud our trucks in the forest every weekend but the CO's started really crackin down on that.
That's because they rip roads and forests up. Our NF has limited logging roads open for ATV's but at least some are open.

/ Are ATVs/UTVs overpriced? #110  
Machines don't rip the roads up, arseholes do. Care and responsibility can often make up for size.*

Some folks live to ruin things for the majority.

*I mean, within reason; the Space Shuttle crawler ought not be hitting the trails, no matter the operator. 🤣