Are eMax owners happy with their tractors?

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #11  
I am most happy so far with the max 25. i did not get the emax series due to tier 4 BS and also i liked the dual hydraulic cylinders as opposed to the single ones on the front bucket had a few months and have 27 hrs on it - been slow due to mud weather. this spring and summer will use a whole lot more. still have plans for the remaining winter though too.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #12  
Yeah, the eMax are looking mighty good. There are a lot of good tractors out there it all depends what you are going to use them for.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #13  
I just talked to one of our customers and he is very pleased with his eMax 22 and his front snow plow and soft side cab.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #14  
While I'm happy with my emax 25 hst I've had a pretty significant failure at 20hrs. The four wheel drive has gone out. After climbing underneath and pulling on the front drive shaft I felt a good 1/2" of lateral play. I removed the shaft and found the circlip had come off of the inner shaft of the telescopic assembly. This allowed the floating pins to come out and the driveshaft to fail. Unfortunately the shaft is not serviceable and will need to be replaced. My dealer was very apologetic and has ordered me new shaft, but I haven't heard anything in the last week. The good thing is at least since I figured this out myself I'm left with a 2 wheel drive tractor and I didn't have to spend anything on hauling to the dealer. I'd guess that the clip was never fully seated on the shaft since it failed after only 20 hours.

Careful with any push/pull/lift work while your waiting.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #16  
Hope he is still not waiting, that was last summer. :D

It's been back together for quite some time. I've had a few issues with the tractor, oil pan drip (tightened a few pan bolts). I also had a couple of hydraulic leaks that required a wrench. Overall I have no complaints, I realize this is a very complicated piece of machinery and also a new model, therefore I feel it would be unrealistic to get upset about the few minor issues I've dealt with. Currently I'm sitting at 80hrs and I'm quite impressed at the capabilities of the machine. The little tractor really packs a punch, I'm able to pull a 60" box blade with no issues though the driveway is flat. The loader is unstoppable even filled to the top with modified driveway stone. The tractor has no issues running a 48" tiller, I've yet to hear the rpms drop even on unbroken ground. The closest thing to a complaint I have is that the tractor is not a lawn mower, I really regret spending the cash on the 60" deck. It cuts really well but after owning a zero turn mower I find it's to slow. The 44" homeowner grade zero turn I have will run circles around the emax, furthermore it's kind of a pita to remove the loader and I'd rather not have that much weight on my drain field. I think overall I just wished I purchased the machine sooner, next time with the backhoe instead of the mower deck.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #18  
Looks like it's been a while since there's been any comment here, but having just purchased an eMax22 with 60" MMM and rear blade, I can give my first impressions if y'all are interested. I have to start out by noting that my first 2 minutes were not good. The front MMM attachment came loose from the tractor and the mower deck flailed about some, ripping out the fuel line. Dealer has now returned the unit (at their cost btw) and all seems right with the world. But we still don't know why the front cradle came off the tractor without mangling the J-pin. In any case, now mows again. The mower deck is big at 60" for this size of tractor, but runs very well. Even at very high RPMs does not vibrate or act wonky. Since the unit was out of service for a couple of weeks in the spring, had to cut 2 acres of 12" high grass, which it did perfectly. No re-cut needed. Seems quite well made out of pretty significant steel.

The tractor speed control is probably not as precise as I had on my 30 year old Kubota and the ranges are a bit odd (slow is SLOW and fast is FAST - not much in the middle). Have not had to use the 4WD at all as the tires are very grippy. The power steering is very smooth and responsive. Fit and finish are OK. It's not the tank my Kubota was, but it is adequate. The black paint chips pretty easily. The hood design is OK, but the mandated stupidity on the air intake is a mess. Cleaning the screen is a significant process since you have to disassemble things. [insert rude comment about the government here].

The ROPS on this thing is gigantic [insert 2nd rude government comment here]. so getting close to trees is out. The pin holes are a bit off so holding and unfolding sometimes take a rubber mallet - but just one hit. The friction of folding took the paint of the upright piece - not a big deal, but not quite as classy as some other tractors.

The steering wheel seems to be upside down (the logo is anyway). Not a big deal, but sort of the thing that suggests fit and finish could be a bit better. The 3 point stuff is well made and works grand. Nice they throw in all the parts and a tow bar. Cute little link to hold the top link in place. Lot of thought went into this.

Still getting used to a tractor with brake lights, turn signals and a horn(!). The lights are GREAT. First tractor ever that had useful headlights.

Starting generates some black smoke. Bit surprised at that, as my Kubota with like 3,000 hours didn't. Stopping, done with the key instead of pressure release, is a bit bumpy - but not atypical for this kind of engine. Dashboard indicator lights are useful and LARGE. Tends to want to go backwards a bit when run for extended periods and no foot on the pedal. I've seen this before on other tractors (my Kubota sometimes did that too), so not alarming. You hear the hydraulic whine after things warm up - but again this seems to me to be pretty typical.

The off-the-seat stop is very sensitive and will scare the **** out of you the first time. Despite what the manual says, the tractor engine stops too. Probably not surprising since the mower deck lock is fighting the transmission.

Still getting used to the 2 pedal thing. Must have tried to go backwards with my heel at least a 100 times.

Idle is a bit rough, though again not atypical for this kind of device. But engine is very smooth at speed. Not having a top mounted exhaust is wonderful. No more noise/hot air at face level. Cup holder is ok..... (yeah, it has a cup holder).

The manual is, shall we say, not really much help. And it contains some contradictions. Despite another member, and the Mahindra site, telling me where the hydrostat filters are, they aren't there. So the 50 hour is probably going to be at the dealer with me watching.

Would I buy it again over the competition? I think so. The complaints here - other than the escaping MMM - are really minor. Be great to have an ACTUAL manual that has ACTUAL information in it (or something online - hint, hint Mahindra). But price, warranty and my dealer have made it a good choice for me.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #19  
Looks like it's been a while since there's been any comment here, but having just purchased an eMax22 with 60" MMM and rear blade, I can give my first impressions if y'all are interested. I have to start out by noting that my first 2 minutes were not good. The front MMM attachment came loose from the tractor and the mower deck flailed about some, ripping out the fuel line. Dealer has now returned the unit (at their cost btw) and all seems right with the world. But we still don't know why the front cradle came off the tractor without mangling the J-pin. In any case, now mows again. The mower deck is big at 60" for this size of tractor, but runs very well. Even at very high RPMs does not vibrate or act wonky. Since the unit was out of service for a couple of weeks in the spring, had to cut 2 acres of 12" high grass, which it did perfectly. No re-cut needed. Seems quite well made out of pretty significant steel.

The tractor speed control is probably not as precise as I had on my 30 year old Kubota and the ranges are a bit odd (slow is SLOW and fast is FAST - not much in the middle). Have not had to use the 4WD at all as the tires are very grippy. The power steering is very smooth and responsive. Fit and finish are OK. It's not the tank my Kubota was, but it is adequate. The black paint chips pretty easily. The hood design is OK, but the mandated stupidity on the air intake is a mess. Cleaning the screen is a significant process since you have to disassemble things. [insert rude comment about the government here].

The ROPS on this thing is gigantic [insert 2nd rude government comment here]. so getting close to trees is out. The pin holes are a bit off so holding and unfolding sometimes take a rubber mallet - but just one hit. The friction of folding took the paint of the upright piece - not a big deal, but not quite as classy as some other tractors.

The steering wheel seems to be upside down (the logo is anyway). Not a big deal, but sort of the thing that suggests fit and finish could be a bit better. The 3 point stuff is well made and works grand. Nice they throw in all the parts and a tow bar. Cute little link to hold the top link in place. Lot of thought went into this.

Still getting used to a tractor with brake lights, turn signals and a horn(!). The lights are GREAT. First tractor ever that had useful headlights.

Starting generates some black smoke. Bit surprised at that, as my Kubota with like 3,000 hours didn't. Stopping, done with the key instead of pressure release, is a bit bumpy - but not atypical for this kind of engine. Dashboard indicator lights are useful and LARGE. Tends to want to go backwards a bit when run for extended periods and no foot on the pedal. I've seen this before on other tractors (my Kubota sometimes did that too), so not alarming. You hear the hydraulic whine after things warm up - but again this seems to me to be pretty typical.

The off-the-seat stop is very sensitive and will scare the **** out of you the first time. Despite what the manual says, the tractor engine stops too. Probably not surprising since the mower deck lock is fighting the transmission.

Still getting used to the 2 pedal thing. Must have tried to go backwards with my heel at least a 100 times.

Idle is a bit rough, though again not atypical for this kind of device. But engine is very smooth at speed. Not having a top mounted exhaust is wonderful. No more noise/hot air at face level. Cup holder is ok..... (yeah, it has a cup holder).

The manual is, shall we say, not really much help. And it contains some contradictions. Despite another member, and the Mahindra site, telling me where the hydrostat filters are, they aren't there. So the 50 hour is probably going to be at the dealer with me watching.

Would I buy it again over the competition? I think so. The complaints here - other than the escaping MMM - are really minor. Be great to have an ACTUAL manual that has ACTUAL information in it (or something online - hint, hint Mahindra). But price, warranty and my dealer have made it a good choice for me.

A good Informative post.... I have a few comments.

You're steering is hydraulic power, your steering wheel will be dynamic. Meaning, that logo in the middle will be in a different direction dam near every time you look at it. If it were me building these, I'd have skipped the logo in the middle of the wheel. This also poses a challenge for "Wheel Knob" lovers.

The ROPS on my MAX 25 has adjustment bolts that allow more/less movement when raising and lowering the ROPS. They're on the front of the bar, just under the hinge. One bolt with a set nut per side... looser makes it easier to put up/down, tighter makes for a quiet'r ride.

You mention idle being rough, are you referring to sub 1k rpm after starting or the 1500rmp idle as described in the manual? Mine is a chatter box sub 1k rpm, but 1k+ it's smooth as buttah.

I think it's pretty typical of Mahindra's to puff a little black smoke on startup. All that I've seen in my area do it, as does mine. I agree that this is something that other brands do not do... but i've not heard any negatives that have come of this.

Also agree that the manuals need work. I wonder how much the service manual is for our models. Does a company like Chiltons or Haynes make manuals for tractors?

-J

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #20  
Very good review. Talk with your dealer and get you a service manual.