Argh! Another aerosol can gives up

/ Argh! Another aerosol can gives up #1  

Dougeye

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra eMax 20s, Takeuchi TB210R
IMG_0076.jpg

Frikkin' annoying when an aerosol can quits with a bunch of contents still in there. It happens with paint, lubricants, just about anything else. Not picking on WD-40 but there's still 2/3 left in this can. Any fixes?

/ Argh! Another aerosol can gives up #2  
If its fairly new, ask for a replacement at the store.

/ Argh! Another aerosol can gives up #3  
I have, in the past, with a can of paint that I could not duplicate the color of, done the following:
I use a Freon charging valve that has a 1/8 or 1/4” copper tube on it that is usually soldered into the Freon line. I drill a hole the same size as the tube being sure to have a tight fit in the cone of the can and epoxy it in the hole. After proper drying time I charge up the can with a little refrigerant. Don’t overdo it.

/ Argh! Another aerosol can gives up #4  
I had an aerosol can of Kubota Orange go TU. Shot out wad & goobers of Orange. Intense shaking made no diff. Old can or bottom of the barrel. Dealer replaced - no problems.

Most annoying part - I had to drive all the way back to the dealership ........ 45 mile round trip.

/ Argh! Another aerosol can gives up #5  
:hissyfit::mur::muttering::duh::gloomy: All the time. I believe mfgrs intentionaly do it thinking you will buy another one sooner than you would if you was able to use the last drop. How bout salad dressing and such without a suqirt top? Out of years of habit you turn bottle upside down and dump half the bottle on your salad.
When it happen's with WD-40,PB Blaster and other lubricants,I punch a hole in can and pour contents in a 1 gallon jug with diesel, transmission fluid and acetone for future use.

/ Argh! Another aerosol can gives up #6  
Guess comes down to ya get mad er ya think. Slop didn't squirt iut last time cause some little man inside pumpin.

First thing you do is read label (I KNOW) but it tells what gas was. Best you stick wid same gas and generally dat propane. Propane good cause little dab of liquid cooks off into gas and pushes squirt. Air don't do dat.
Gotta be careful wid paint too, air will lock it up in de can. Dem Biurinary epoxys you gotta go to extra care cause it sure can lock up in de can you put wrong gas in dat can.

Whole bunch of Utoobs fer people wid too much education fer der brain too.
Dis guy pretty close to dangerous
How To Recharge An Aerosol Can With Air And Fluid!! - YouTube
Don't recall seein him around my place so I don't care

Nother wild man of the internet
Homemade Air Paint Spray gun - YouTube

/ Argh! Another aerosol can gives up #7  
With WD40 I`ve used a can of cigarette lighter Butane, found a nozzle of the right size to fit the cans top outlet pipe, Often the Butane comes with a mix of little fittings, and given it a quick squirt of the Butane. Its an outside job, as a bit of gas escapes.

/ Argh! Another aerosol can gives up #8  
I've not had this happen... ever.

WD-40, JD rattle-can, Lanolin lubricant... when the aerosol runs out there is no 'product' left in the can.

Is this a recent observation? :confused3:

/ Argh! Another aerosol can gives up #9  
In rural NC, you paint your edge trees purple to mark your boundary. I ran out of purple paint in a rattle can.

For grins I put the can out, 100 yards on a big rock and, believe it or not, open sites, I hit that sucker first shot, 22.

It was great. There must have been a little pressure and paint left because when i hit it, it shot up maybe 3 ft.

when i got there, the top of the rock was purple. That was cool.

I'm reliving my childhood, received 24 cheap target arrows yesterday. I go from riding a tractor to shooting a bow and arrow.

Not today, 3 inches of rain yesterday and 5-7 inches today. Back to the knewnrml

/ Argh! Another aerosol can gives up #10  
That design nozzle has to be all the way up or down. With it all the way down the product bypasses the little tube and comes out at the head.

In the position you have it in the photo it blocks the product from coming out.