Comparison B2620 or B2620???

/ B2620 or B2620??? #1  

Kub39

Bronze Member
I just sold my relatively new BX25...which was great. But I have always had my heart set on a B2920. However, it is my understanding Kubota isn't going to make them anymore??? Why? Anyway, now I am contemplating the B2620 or the B2650? There seems to be a pretty considerable price difference between these two machines (3 to 4 thousand MSRP) as best I can tell. I have tried to compare them on the Kubota website, but the website doesn't always show the same specs for different tractors. One might show breakout force for the loader and the other may not. (I realize this is probably shown, but it seems many things aren't easily comparable.) Do you really get that much more capability out of the 2650 to justify the higher price? I don't make my living with the tractor but want one that I can be very content with...maybe for the rest of my life unless I win the lottery. I want the backhoe and loader so no need to discuss rentals. Not sure I like the idea of a floating deck on the b2650...it would seem to me a suspended deck on the b2620 would be better...but have never owned a floating deck. I would use the tractor on my wooded land to haul firewood, gardening, landscaping, maybe mowing, Bush hogging a field, and anything else I can't do by myself. Thoughts and opinions? Sorry for so many questions/concerns in one paragraph. Thanks in advance to all.

/ B2620 or B2620??? #2  
My understanding is that the 2920 was dropped because it was over 27HP, one of the cutoffs for certain Tier 4 emissions??? The 2620 slides under the cutoff and gets a reprieve.

The 2650 has some nice upgrades, like position control, tilt wheel, clutch-less HST, etc.... You can see this in the brochure. Whether it's worth the extra cost might depend on your wants and needs. Knowing Kubota, the extra cost for the 2650 is justified.

I had a 2920 and it was a great machine. I mainly chose it over the 2620 for the extra PTO HP, which did come in handy when running a chipper. Other than that, the 2620 is equally capable in my opinion.

There are still some 2920s around. If you're lucky enough to find one at a dealer, jump on it!

/ B2620 or B2620???
Ok, that makes sense on why they would discontinue the 2920. Thanks for your thoughts.

/ B2620 or B2620??? #4  
The B2620 is done now too....so if you want one of those better jump on it. It is being phased out with the B2650 series rops.

/ B2620 or B2620???
So in the B series it's possible there won't be any more "utility" series...like the 2620...only the new upgraded series like the b2650? Think they have another series getting ready to come out that is still less expensive than the xx50 series?

/ B2620 or B2620??? #6  
I have a B2620 FEL BH 40 hours for $19,250 in Somerset, Ky and it will need to be bought thru Barlows so I can get tax credit for trade in on my purchase. Barlows delivers all over the US and buying thru them will allow financing thru Kubota with their used machine rate, not 0% but pretty low rate, if needed.

/ B2620 or B2620??? #7  
The B2620 is done now too....so if you want one of those better jump on it. It is being phased out with the B2650 series rops.

This is bad news, I had just stretched my budget and finally decided between getting a b2620 and a deere 2025r, I'm not sure I can swing the difference between the xx20 and the xx50 series. I guess it's time to xxxx or get off the pot.

/ B2620 or B2620??? #8  
My Kubota dealer is a pretty large one in the area, and he said rhis morning the B2320 and rhe B2620 WILL NOT BE DISCONTINUED. These models are exempt from the Tier IV emissions standard, which starts above 26hp. I called specificslly because I am trying to sell my BX2660 privately, and was hoping I wasnt playing the game of chance. According to him, it should NOT be an issue. I hope it wont be an issue.

/ B2620 or B2620??? #9  
My Kubota dealer is a pretty large one in the area, and he said rhis morning the B2320 and rhe B2620 WILL NOT BE DISCONTINUED. These models are exempt from the Tier IV emissions standard, which starts above 26hp. I called specificslly because I am trying to sell my BX2660 privately, and was hoping I wasnt playing the game of chance. According to him, it should NOT be an issue. I hope it wont be an issue.

Help me understand, what impact would the new emission standards have on the FMV of the tractor you are trying to sell? Are you thinking the old machines are less desireable because of the new emissions standards?

/ B2620 or B2620??? #10  
Help me understand, what impact would the new emission standards have on the FMV of the tractor you are trying to sell? Are you thinking the old machines are less desireable because of the new emissions standards?

Not sure why the Tier IV would negatively impact the value of any older tractor in any way. It would enhance the value I would think... substantially. Look at older diesel trucks pre-particulate filter standards. Values are up.

I've never commented on desirability, just that the tractors with HP in excess of 26HP will be regulated by Tier IV.