B2650 to LX2610 - How did I do?

/ B2650 to LX2610 - How did I do? #1  

dgreen1069

Tractor
Kubota LX2610, B2650, Hustler Super Z, JD345
I have had a B2650 for almost a year now and love it. I saw a Facebook ad this weekend for a LX2610 that had all the things I knew I wanted in the future. The tractor had 37 hours, loader, backhoe, three backhoe buckets (6", 12", 24"), 3rd function valve, Landpride grapple, and a post hole digger with two bits. The owner was asking $30k and I hastily agreed to give him his asking price. My thinking was that adding a backhoe to my existing tractor was going to cost me around $9k and this was a great package.

Tell me how I did - good deal, OK deal, or did I pay retail?

I plan to take my mmm off of my B and install it on the LX. What is a garage kept B2650 with less than 300 hours worth? Tractor and loader?

/ B2650 to LX2610 - How did I do? #2  
The LX2610 open station with a front end loader and backhoe retails for around $34k msrp. The old rule of thumb was that dealers would generally go 10% below msrp. I doubt that is true now, but would be ballpark $30,600 if so.

So you have a practically new machine and warranty around $4k under retail, plus 3d function, grapple, auger, and extra backhoe buckets. Not a steal, but I believe you did well.

As far as your B2650, start with what you paid for it as see what the market will bear. A machine of that size will always be in demand, and it's still a seller's market for used compact and sub compact tractors.

/ B2650 to LX2610 - How did I do? #3  
The LX2610 open station with a front end loader and backhoe retails for around $34k msrp. The old rule of thumb was that dealers would generally go 10% below msrp. I doubt that is true now, but would be ballpark $30,600 if so.
My experience has been that dealers are now selling at MSRP (if you can even find one) so $34K plus sales tax right? If so that'd add about another $2,000. I assume that buying a used one off FB marketplace it came from an individual so no sales tax. If so it sounds like a great deal for dgreen!

/ B2650 to LX2610 - How did I do?
Thanks for the replies gentlemen. Super happy with my purchase and excited about the new tractor. The grapple will be a game changer for cleaning out my wooded area. I was able to install my mid-mount mower last night so I'm ready for everything now.
IMG_1561.jpeg
IMG_1562.jpeg
IMG_1572.jpeg

/ B2650 to LX2610 - How did I do? #5  
Looks like a great deal to me with all the attachments!

/ B2650 to LX2610 - How did I do? #6  
How many acres do you have to upkeep?

/ B2650 to LX2610 - How did I do?
How many acres do you have to upkeep?
I am on just shy of 8 acres. It is evenly split between lawn and wooded areas. I have owned almost every model of BX tractor over the years at my previous place and a few of them had backhoes. Didn't think I'd have enough projects to justify the cost this time around, but after putting in a couple of yard hydrants with a trencher I decided I would eventually get a backhoe for by B2650. I thought that was a couple of years off, but took the plunge when I found the deal listed here. The grapple will be a game changer for cleaning up my wooded area. The previous owner piled all kinds of stumps, trees, etc. back there and I plan on cleaning it out.

/ B2650 to LX2610 - How did I do? #8  
Sounds like a good deal as long as he actually owned the tractor and had a right to sell it.

Being that new....a good possibility he had a lien on in.....and if he takes your $30k and does NOT pay off his load....they can technically come take it from you and there is little to nothing you can do