Buying Advice B2920 vs B2630

/ B2920 vs B2630 #31  
I believe one of the reasons for going with the 3000 was to be able to offer a tractor this size with an ability to make the price more palatable in offering the basic in HSDC with quarter inching, no telescoping lift arms basic seat, smaller alternator etc. similar to the 20 Series and the B3000HSDC set up like the original B3030 cab model.

/ B2920 vs B2630 #32  
I believe one of the reasons for going with the 3000 was to be able to offer a tractor this size with an ability to make the price more palatable in offering the basic in HSDC with quarter inching, no telescoping lift arms basic seat, smaller alternator etc. similar to the 20 Series and the B3000HSDC set up like the original B3030 cab model.

I agree that Kubota was trying to offer a factory cab at a lower price point, but what is becoming of the 3030 open station? Still going to be offered? I know its still on the website, but............ ?

/ B2920 vs B2630 #33  
I agree that Kubota was trying to offer a factory cab at a lower price point, but what is becoming of the 3030 open station? Still going to be offered? I know its still on the website, but............ ?

Sadly at my age, if I think about something long enough I will remember things, now the catch is determining which is something I really remember or just think I remember it that way. So with that, I "seem" to remember Messick saying the open station will be unchanged at least this year. Now who knows what the future will bring? It just seems they already have models to fit the niche a "basic" 3000/3030 would fill with the 3200 or other model.

/ B2920 vs B2630 #34  
Well, today I went straight to the "horse's mouth" and spoke with Mike Jacobsen (sp?) with Kubota National Office.
(Skip the sales pitch go right to the head cheese's).
The Kubota B2630 and B3030 are not being replaced this year, nor immediate future - so that answered that question.
The early vibration issues were noticed on first productions of the B3200 - however that was attributed to fuel injection timing. Subsequent improvements include timing adjustment and platform fixes (I would say dampeners).
He said if I have any questions - go try out the one at the dealership and run up the revs over 2000 and see what I notice.

Got his phone number too if anyone wants it.....

So, all that said - now have to get down to pricing. The dealership seems to either have a great deal on the 2920 or something's up. The MSRP for the 2920 and 3200 are $900 apart, but the sales price is $4000 less. Guess I will have to see what I can negotiate.

So, with that said....I can see merit in having a backhoe, which is part of the reason for a heavier frame tractor. However, not sure I want one ALL of the time. Are aftermarket hoes any good? Can I order it prepped for a hoe and add one (cash buy) next year for instance? Thoughts?

/ B2920 vs B2630 #35  
What was your quote for the B2920? Did that have a front loader? Did you get the quote with the belly mower? I just want to make sure my quote is reasonable before I buy.

/ B2920 vs B2630 #36  
What was your quote for the B2920? Did that have a front loader? Did you get the quote with the belly mower? I just want to make sure my quote is reasonable before I buy.

Are we allowed to comment on these things on the forum boards? Don't want to get into trouble.
I did verify the price with Barlow and he called it fair.
PM me for the details - it was with the FEL, but no MMM.

/ B2920 vs B2630 #37  
Well, with that much off of list....... might as well go ahead and get the hoe now ??? :D:D

You can definitely add the hoe later, but it will always be cheaper when you buy the tractor. For the record, even if you buy it as aTLB, the three point hitch still comes with the tractor and the hoe comes off in about five minutes.

If you decide to add the backhoe later, I still recommend the Kubota hoe first...... second choice would be a Woods.

Be sure and post some pics when the tractor arrives..... we love pictures ! ;)

/ B2920 vs B2630 #38  
I paid $15400 for a B2920 with front loader back in December.

/ B2920 vs B2630 #39  
Any recommendations for a Kubota dealer in Northern VA? I'm shopping for a B2620/2920 or B2630/3030 with a FEL and MMM. Thanks!