B3200 cab build

/ B3200 cab build #1  

NH-Rob

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510HSD(sold) B3200(new 6/15/09)
I started this prodject back in Sept and have been waiting to post untill It was done but I am looking for some motavation to get myself working harder on it. I will post a bunch of pictures and hope to take many more as I finish this thing. Any way here they are let me know what you think.
Rob

Attachments

• DCFC0205.JPG
    DCFC0205.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 1,301
  • DCFC0206.JPG
    DCFC0206.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 670
  • DCFC0207.JPG
    DCFC0207.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 941
  • DCFC0209.JPG
    DCFC0209.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 934
  • DCFC0229.JPG
    DCFC0229.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 888
  • DCFC0228.JPG
    DCFC0228.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 603
  • DCFC0227.JPG
    DCFC0227.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 865
   / B3200 cab build
I thought I had more pictures than that. Guess I will have to take some more in the morning. So far I have met my objectives and they are to have a nice fitting cab that can be removed for summer mowing. I picked up some of the glass last friday. I had tempered glass custom cut for the two windows and the panel below the right hand window. I also had a piece of laminated glass cut for the windshield. The total so far for the glass is $398 I hope to cut some laminated glass that I already have to fill in the rear side windows and the lower windshield sections. If all goes well I think I will have tempered glass cut for the door as well.
I am currently working on the frame for the rear window. I still have to finish up the mirrors and I am working on a radio and switch panel. I made speaker mounts last week. I really need to take a few days off from work so I can get closer to finishing this cab. I only get one day off a week and by the time I get home from work I have little motovation to go outside and work on it. I sure wish I had done more when It was warm out.
Rob

/ B3200 cab build #3  
Looks great!
Did you use AutoCAD or another program to design it? I do not have any experience with computer drafting so, I am limited on that end. I see many great examples of what CAD can do- listed here on TBN.

I have been trying to work something out for my B7510- on paper, with minimal success. I have seen some "sun canopies" on E-Bay that might be a good starting point- but your design looks a little "simpler" to fabricate..

Do you have plans on heating or cooling? I have thought about using a small car heater core and plumbing it in the coolant system. But, at least on mine, the temperature doesn't get all that high where I would expect any tangible amount of heat to be produced.

Look forward to seeing more pictures!

/ B3200 cab build
I did not use any plans other than ones I created in my head. I started with a curtis cab that was on a L series tractor. I bought it off craigslist. It was real basic just a roof and a tappered windshield frame but it gave me a base to start my design. My wife is not real happy because I went from spending $125 on the curtis cab to all the money I have spent so far. I am planning on putting a heater in it but I am going to wait until I have it done before I buy one.

/ B3200 cab build #5  
Looks good :drool:. I will be building one too just not sure when :D. Just like you I don't have any plan to go thru just what pop in my head :thumbsup:. Are you sure you are going to remove and put it back everytime the season change? I thought of that too but I think once I built mine it will never come off again.

/ B3200 cab build
Looks good :drool:. I will be building one too just not sure when :D. Just like you I don't have any plan to go thru just what pop in my head :thumbsup:. Are you sure you are going to remove and put it back everytime the season change? I thought of that too but I think once I built mine it will never come off again.

I am in hopes that I will love it so much that I never have to take it off but it sure would be easier to mow the lawn with out it. I did make it so that the door and two windows are removable for the hot days.
Rob

/ B3200 cab build #7  
My wife is not real happy because I went from spending $125 on the curtis cab to all the money I have spent so far. I am planning on putting a heater in it but I am going to wait until I have it done before I buy one.[/QUOTE]
Just show her the price of buying a cab for it. , or the price of a "NEW TRACTOR" with a factory cab all on it . That might change her mind :D By the way Awsome looking cab, It would be nice to have the option to be able to take it off, especially if you were going to use it in the woods or mowing around the edges of fields . Can't wait to see you get it done :thumbsup:

/ B3200 cab build
Ok as I promissed here are some more photos of the cab. I was able to work on it this morning and got a lot of loose end taken care of. The first shows the box I am building to hold the radio and some switches. You also can see the front windshield wiper motor. It came with the original curtis cab. The next 4 show the glass that I bought so far. It is so clean that it is hard to see. The first one will be the rear window and is drilled for a wiper motor. 2cnd is the side window. 3rd is the lower right side I like this one the best with its nice curve. Last is the windshield I was going to have this one drilled for a wiper but the glass man told me not to do this so I had to change the design so that it would work with this glass. I have more pics but the work shop is so dark that they are not clear enough to post so I will need to take more later.
Rob

Attachments

• DCFC0233.JPG
    DCFC0233.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 636
  • DCFC0241.JPG
    DCFC0241.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 438
  • DCFC0240.JPG
    DCFC0240.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 413
  • DCFC0239.JPG
    DCFC0239.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 454
  • DCFC0238.JPG
    DCFC0238.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 552
   / B3200 cab build
I had a fairly productive day. I would think another day like today and I could start getting ready for paint. I got the radio and switch mounting plate set up. the speaker boxes are mounted and I got the mirror mounts welded up. and the rear light mounts are made. I still need to make front light mounts. I spent a bunch of my time today fixing the mounting holes for the cab. I slotted the holes so that there will be some adjustment now. It would have been much easier to have just done it right the first time. I will need to do some work on the rear of the cab to get it ready for glass installation and I want to build better hinge mounts on the cab frame.
I want to paint the cab the same color as the roll bar. I talked to the kubota dealer last week and its $12 a can. I wish I could spray it with a paint gun but I would need a better place to do it than my work shop.
Rob

Attachments

• DCFC0242.JPG
    DCFC0242.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 488
  • DCFC0244.JPG
    DCFC0244.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 486
  • DCFC0245.JPG
    DCFC0245.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 427
  • DCFC0247.JPG