Back Dragging with a FEL Bucket

/ Back Dragging with a FEL Bucket #21  
Yep size of rollback gussets and horizontal reinforcement are two additional considerations depending on intended use.

/ Back Dragging with a FEL Bucket #23  
Guess I'll fart around doing a 3D CAD model at Lunch, I'll Post it when I get something drawn up for comments.

/ Back Dragging with a FEL Bucket #24  
   / Back Dragging with a FEL Bucket #25  
Re: Back Dragging with a FEL Bucket, I change my Plow bots on Cutting edge,

The old plow bolt heads were so worn out one pulled through.

The Local dealer sold by stepson 1/4" too short grade 2 junk steel carriage bolts to replace them. They were returned, and I ordered some Grade 8 Blow bolts from Global. Plow Bolts - GlobalIndustrial.com

Note the 2 x 2 x 1/2 L angle at rear of bucket for back dragging.

I love the ESCO teeth, much better than CAT teeth.

Attachments

• Bucket Plow Botls2.jpg
    Bucket Plow Botls2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 199
   / Back Dragging with a FEL Bucket #26  
Mike 69440 -- My application is very different, kind of the inverse of the toothed bar that you show in the picture. Mine was intended for improving the "grapple bucket" nature of my 4-in-1 bucket. Keeps me from slipping losing, or dropping logs, small trees, limbs, etc. I had teeth welded on a bar that bolts onto the 4-in-1 bucket -- very, very similar to yours, your's just lacks the clamshell to comedown over top of it. All that makes me realize -- I can use my "teeth on 4-in-1 bucket" to back drag as well. Here are a couple of pictures.20160526_161407small.jpg 20160526_161445small.jpg

/ Back Dragging with a FEL Bucket #27  
Mike 69440 -- My application is very different, kind of the inverse of the toothed bar that you show in the picture. Mine was intended for improving the "grapple bucket" nature of my 4-in-1 bucket. Keeps me from slipping losing, or dropping logs, small trees, limbs, etc. I had teeth welded on a bar that bolts onto the 4-in-1 bucket -- very, very similar to yours, your's just lacks the clamshell to comedown over top of it. All that makes me realize -- I can use my "teeth on 4-in-1 bucket" to back drag as well. Here are a couple of pictures.View attachment 490581 View attachment 490582

That is so cool, makes me want to sell my grapple and get a 4 in 1. You should have patented the idea. Too late now.

/ Back Dragging with a FEL Bucket #28  
I have a SSQA plate with attachment points for 3 ph and 2" reese hitch built on the front of it. I bought it to use boxblade on the front of a skid steer but now have it attached to a 72" snow plow. Not sure where I bought it but was around the $100 price range.
I also have a front mount backhoe on my B2650 with 25 hours and two new fel cylinder arms that replaced the bent ones.:confused3:
I have been a back dragger with bucket edge at every angle on all dirt/clay surfaces but will be more attentive in the future. Glad my replacement cylinder arms were under warranty.:thumbsup:
PS The front mount backhoe is now for sale for $1500 in like new condition and my front bucket mount Landpride HD25 post hole digger is on order with Barlows in Somerset, Ky.

learned a big lesson reading these posts---i will be more attentive in the future also with my L3130 GST & 724 loader

/ Back Dragging with a FEL Bucket #29  
" Quote Originally Posted by JOHNTHOMAS View Post
I have a SSQA plate with attachment points for 3 ph and 2" reese hitch built on the front of it. I bought it to use boxblade on the front of a skid steer but now have it attached to a 72" snow plow. Not sure where I bought it but was around the $100 price range.
I also have a front mount backhoe on my B2650 with 25 hours and two new fel cylinder arms that replaced the bent ones.
I have been a back dragger with bucket edge at every angle on all dirt/clay surfaces but will be more attentive in the future. Glad my replacement cylinder arms were under warranty.
PS The front mount backhoe is now for sale for $1500 in like new condition and my front bucket mount Landpride HD25 post hole digger is on order with Barlows in Somerset, Ky."

A front mounted back hoe on a skid steer is a sketchy idea. On a tractor, just get that idea out of your head.

/ Back Dragging with a FEL Bucket #30  
A front mounted back hoe on a skid steer is a sketchy idea.

I know this is off-topic, but....

A lot of these were sold for skidsteers, tho I do not think most got used a lot. Most required
that you get off the SS seat and move to the hoe seat. Not easy in-and-out of a SS.

I have seen the ones you can operate from your SS seat (Caterpillar), and they are much
better.