Back up camera

/ Back up camera #1  

Raul5452

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 970, Kubota M7060
Hello all, I have a Kubota m7060 hd 12.
I do alot of tractor mowing for customers. Vacant lots , pastures and dirt work. I do all my work within a 5 mile radius and it keeps me busy. I'm tired of backing up to far and hitting objects with the shredder tailwheel or doing dirt work / spreading reclaim asphalt and coming close to backing up to some fool that sees me backing up but still pulls up right behind me. Hence the need for a BACK UP CAMERA. Any recommendations from some of you that have already been down this road ? Thank you in advance. I'm considering a wireless camera for the sake of less wiring.

/ Back up camera #2  
If it's going to be fixed permanently it will probably be better to go with wired.
I use Wyze cameras for occasional backup cameras, a camera, powerbank, and mobile hotspot all fit in a Ziploc bag and its easy to hook up to whatever I want.
But if you want reliability run a wired cam.

/ Back up camera #3  
Check the link below. Many of us have bought these and they work fairly decent. Only problems I've had in 7 years is had to replace a camera 1X and replace the monitor 1X.

/ Back up camera #4  
Been there , done that.
Bought a el cheepo on the net for $50. ish.
No problems, even in Quebec's coldest weather.
OK, built in 'guide lines' (for back up) don't depict your actual situation but sure provides a relative imaging.
But then I did mount my camera high up under my rear cab overhang so that snow would not interfere.
\Go for it! Your neck will thank you!

/ Back up camera #5  
I use my go pro camera. I already had it and it works with my phone as the monitor. We also use it in the horse trailer and watch on a tablet in the car. Lots of mount accessories available for go pro and video quality is good.

/ Back up camera #6  
I occasionally have a need for a backup camera and also to better see what I'm working on. Like you, I'm not a fan of wiring things so I made a portable wireless camera system powered by cordless tool batteries. I use strong magnets to hold them in place wherever they're needed.

Check out this thread on how it was done:

/ Back up camera
I occasionally have a need for a backup camera and also to better see what I'm working on. Like you, I'm not a fan of wiring things so I made a portable wireless camera system powered by cordless tool batteries. I use strong magnets to hold them in place wherever they're needed.

Check out this thread on how it was done:

You are a very ingenious man Sir.

/ Back up camera #8  
Very nice for skid steers.

/ Back up camera
Gentlemen I cannot thank you enough for your input and sharing how you solved your ideas in accomplishing this problem. I'm anxious now to decide which way I will go because all of you had really good info. I love this forum. Great place to share ideas or help solve problems we all encounter sooner or later.👍

/ Back up camera #10  
If you use it on a open station tractor, you may have to fabricate something to shade the screen.