Bad news big repair

/ Bad news big repair #141  
Thus maybe a little simple but I would go to the parts store and get a glow plug controller relay for a 87 6.9 ford diesel and install it to the glow plugs that way it’s automatic with the switch and your not over heating them

/ Bad news big repair #142  
What an interesting thread.

Lots of good suggestions and a bit of frustration to keep things percolating.

I sure hope the ecu is not the problem. If it is, and direct wiring the GPs is not workable, there are not many options. A block heater seems a cheap fix even if you need to run power to where the tractor is stored.

Wonder if this will be like the oil drain plug thread?

/ Bad news big repair #143  
I apologize if I missed it, but I did not see any comment about how cold the ambient temp was when you tried the system. Kubota uses a pretty low ambient temp to activate the glow plugs, somewhere around zero degrees F on my L4060 if I remember correctly. And the indicator for the glow plug activation is very easy to miss.

/ Bad news big repair #146  
I find it hard to believe that if you used a relay capable of 100 amp and a push button directly to the relay and the relay directly to the glow plugs, with the other wires unhooked that the tractor would know the difference. You cant screw it up with a push button. Mine has 3 glows and they draw 45 amps, If you have 4 of course it will take more current.

/ Bad news big repair #147  
Hook up a 110v oil heater goes down the oil dipstick might work.

/ Bad news big repair #148  
Purchased my M135X in warmer months almost 3 years ago (April 2019). Never thought to see if the glow plugs worked. They actually won’t work if it’s over 41*.
Last winter, I realized the glow plugs weren’t working. Ohmed out wires, looked at wiring for mice damage, water damage, bad grounds, etc. Ohmed out wiring. Thats when I learned the glow plug system in larger kubotas is more complex than I thought. All 4 glow plugs passed electrical testing.
The glow plugs have 2 sensors one for air temp, one for water temp. The ignition switch is also part of the circuit. Then there are 2 relays and a fuse. All of this is controlled by the ECU. Last winter, I replaced
Key switch
water temp sensor
air temp sensor
both relays
fuse

Still no glow plugs. With nothing left to replace or test, I succumbed to a very reputable Kubota dealer. They basically did all the same things I did and replaced one of the new sensors I had already placed.
Still nothing. They called Kubotas double secret probation hotline and Kubota thinks it’s the ECU.

ECU price $6000 :(
ECU Not returnable and no guarantee it will fix glow plugs.

So I’m out of answers. Any thoughts on other possible avenues to pursue?
Wow! Well I will never buy a Kubota!Thanks for the info

/ Bad news big repair #149  
Ford truck starter relay $10.00. Will work great.

/ Bad news big repair #150  
The M135X was produced between 2009 and 2014, accordingly to TractorData. Definitely not a 3 year old tractor.
Big companies really have special funds for so called "good client", who bought more than one product, was/is loyal in after sales programs, recommended the brand name to the other clients...

Sometimes it works if the machine gets expensive failure even after more than 3 years.