Baked Apples?

/ Baked Apples? #21  
My wife does this in a camp Dutch oven, when we're out camping.

She puts a dollop of butter in the bottom of the dutch oven. Then arranges cored apples, and sprinkles Red Hots in them. Throw some coals top and bottom of the Dutch oven, and cook till tender.

Love doing this kind of stuff stuff around the campfire, campfire cooking etc.Have 10", 12", and 14" camp Dutch ovens.

Um, Um good! If you're up for something a little different, core the apple, fill with RedHots and bake. Better than it sounds.

Amazon.com : Original Red Hots cinnamon candy .9 oz each 24 count : Hard Candy : Grocery & Gourmet Food

/ Baked Apples? #22  

She puts a dollop of butter in the bottom of the dutch oven. Then arranges cored apples, and sprinkles Red Hots in them. Throw some coals top and bottom of the Dutch oven, and cook till tender.

Love doing this kind of stuff stuff around the campfire, campfire cooking etc.Have 10", 12", and 14" camp Dutch ovens.
Any pictures of your Dutch ovens? Cast iron cookware nut here.

/ Baked Apples? #23  
We have so many apples here,

standard.jpg

that we hardly do anything with them anymore.

I usually just feed them to the deer when winter comes...

SR

/ Baked Apples? #25  

That sounds like an excellent apple dish!

/ Baked Apples? #28  
Sell'em. Even if just by the bushel as deer feed.
With over a thousand acres of apple orchards around here, there's so much of that going on around here you wouldn't even believe it, it's happening EVERYWHERE, so not much use of me getting into that. Along the road, you see big bags of apples for 2 bucks...

A neighbor asked if I had any extra apples he could get, I said sure, they are FREE, just come pick some. He never showed up, later I asked what happen to him, he said it was just easier to buy some.

I guess he wanted me to pick them for him too!!!

SR

/ Baked Apples? #29  
I just ordered another apple tree for my (some day to be) orchard. A heritage apple called "Summer Rambo".