Baler mounted moisture tester

/ Baler mounted moisture tester #1  

Paul N

Silver Member
Tractor
AC C, AC 170 gas, AC 180 diesel, Agco Allis 8630 FWA diesel, Farmall H, Farmall M
I just bought a Agratronix BHT-2 baler mounted moisture tester, and I'm ready to install. I'll be mounting it in a NH BR7060. Before I start drilling any holes, I thought the smart thing to do is to ask some of you New Holland owners, where is the best place to mount the pads. Attached, are 2 pics.It would seem to me, it should be on a place where it is just single plate, not double wall. With that in mind, looking at the tailgate picture, is just above or below the "Danger" label a good place? Looking at the inside picture, how about near the bale shape indicator. There could be some double wall problems there. If anyone has any pictures, that would be great!
Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Paul 100_3988.JPG100_3987.JPG

/ Baler mounted moisture tester #2  
I just bought a Agratronix BHT-2 baler mounted moisture tester, and I'm ready to install. I'll be mounting it in a NH BR7060. Before I start drilling any holes, I thought the smart thing to do is to ask some of you New Holland owners, where is the best place to mount the pads. Attached, are 2 pics.It would seem to me, it should be on a place where it is just single plate, not double wall. With that in mind, looking at the tailgate picture, is just above or below the "Danger" label a good place? Looking at the inside picture, how about near the bale shape indicator. There could be some double wall problems there. If anyone has any pictures, that would be great!
Any suggestions are much appreciated.

PaulView attachment 470875View attachment 470876

First of all let me state that I have never installed one of these, but if I were to, I would attach it to stationary structure. That way you don't have to worry about moving wiring. Secondly you might want to consider locating it so that it will read with the minimum bale size you can make. Some where above the disc on the second photo looks like it would be a good spot because it's stationary structure That's my $0.02.

/ Baler mounted moisture tester #3  
Have sold several, none were installed on the gate. Install near the disc, but not below and in the arc of the bale shape pot.

/ Baler mounted moisture tester
Thanks Rick. I got it installed today and I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. This will be a whole new experience for me.

Paul