Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend:

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #31  
I did use Shoe not quarter round.

In the bathroom I wish we would have used the PVC shoe/quarter round rather than wood at least by the tub.

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend:
I used the pvc in the whole flip house over the Allure...you will have to pre drill each nail.....don't try and shoot in nails with a gun, the pvc shatters every now and then.

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #33  
386116-basement-upgrades-allure-vinyl-flooring-dscn1994-jpg

Looks like the Attack Corgi has you pinned down!
I used the pvc in the whole flip house over the Allure...you will have to pre drill each nail.....don't try and shoot in nails with a gun, the pvc shatters every now and then.

What gauge did you try? I hate hand nailing shoe molding. I was just wondering if a smaller gauge might work.

/edit - Looking at HD there are several categories of "allure"
Trafficmaster Allure Ultra $3.50 up
Trafficmaster Allure Commercial
Trafficmaster Allure Plus
Trafficmaster Allure
and more.

Are ther any major differences y'all have found?
Pricing ranges from about $1 to about $4/sq ft.

Last edited:
   / Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #34  
I have used solid vinyl plank flooring that uses "click" locking instead of the glue strips because I didn't trust the glue strips for the long term. I've used it in the laundry room and bathrooms of a townhouse that I fixed up for my daughter at college. She has a dog that is very active and I just visited yesterday and could see no scratches in the flooring. I got the "click" lock from lumber Liquidators and I see Build Direct sells it too. The glue strips may hold up well but I didn't trust it for the long term as I plan on selling the Townhouse when she is finished with her schooling. It has been installed 2 years and looks like new. I also removed the baseboard molding and ran it under that because I prefer not to use 1/4 round or shoe molding. There is still plenty of room for expansion because the drywall is not quite touching the floor (about 1/2 " gap.

Newbury, I used 18 ga. I don't think gauge will matter...the pvc stuff just does not handle nail impact well.

I never looked at the more expensive Allure....over my budget:)

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #36  
We are early adopters of the allure product. FYI it is allure by Home Depot and has other names elsewhere. Second FYI... There are tons of other color choices but you have to push the front desk at the depot to get info. Our friends put in a green reed grass looking tile and it was stunning.

Big things. Get your seams tight. This stuff really expands and contracts. Roll your seams. Make sure they are secure. We have had some gaping go on over the years from expansion and contraction.

Ours has held up very well with 4 large dogs. A bit duller maybe... But in the end we are huge fans of the look and of the ease of installation. We have a tile version in our bathrooms and cork look in our kitchen.

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #37  
I got the "click lock" stuff on clearance at Lumber Liquidators. The glue strip will probably hold up fine, there is a lot of it installed that is doing well. By the way M7 I don't post here a lot but I followed your whole cabin build thread and was amazed. You do good work and a whole lot of it. I used to do alot of projects but have slowed down in the last couple years due to back problems. I wish I had your energy and persistence, keep up the good work.

Thanks, I certainly can't run as hard and long as I used to. This spring I had my elbow and wrist worked on for torn tendons, junk in the joint & carpal tunnel. Since I am almost at my $10K deductible the right wrist is scheduled for Nov...carpal tunnel.....trying to get back some of my superhuman strength:thumbsup:

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #39  
after all the great reviews here, I looked at allure at HD today, and came home with 4 boxes of the click lock version, not the glue version. I have 3 boxes down already. I goes together real well, I'm impressed. I put it in the entrance way between my garage and house. I still have some to do, but it only took me about 2 hrs to do the 3 boxes. I like how it is so easy to cut the ends at the starting end. Most of that time was cleaning up the area. I recently did a lot of the click lock wood flooring from Costco, which I also like, but I didn't want to use it here because this area gets wet when we come in from the rain. I'll post pics later, took one with the phone.

edit: Looked at my box again, the brand is Traffic Master, not Allure. looks the same, but locks together instead of glue strip. It was on display next to allure.

Last edited:
   / Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #40  
Looks nice, this may be the thing for my daughters basement.

Last edited: