Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend:

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #41  
A trick I learned years ago when nailing molding, especially near the ends is to clip the point off the nail. A blunt end will punch through without splitting.

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #44  
Reviving this thread looking for updates -
Have any of you that used the Allure had problems with the product?
I've about 1,000 sq ft of "reflooring" needed, mostly replacing aged vinyl sheet and old vinyl plank but some new areas over concrete also so I'm wondering what your experiences with it have been.
thanks in advance

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #45  
I'm going to use it for my garden kitchen that I'm building for my wife. I've installed it quite a few times for clients and the only complaint that I've heard about it is that after some time, there might be an edge or corner that comes up. I've used super glue to put it back down and held it in place with a weight for 24 hours with good results. No other complaints that I know of.

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #46  
The one thing I wish we'd have done is put an under layment between it and concrete to soften the floor.

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #47  
I put the vinyl in my garage entry, like it.

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #48  
I will say Kinda yes on the Allure problems. We have it in one of our houses in 4 rooms.

So, we love the product still. the issue I feel we are having may be due to installer failure (we sefl installed).

over the years we have where the pieces glue together we have had seperation. Our house does go somewhat extreme in temperature (winters can be cold and the house unoccupied). I feel the problem is that we did not put enough pressure on the two haves and this would not have happened otherwise. It could also be that the floor is not great for being under things (It is held on all sides by cabinets) so maybe that has played into this seperation.

Also, make tripple sure you have a flat floor (one without nail heads sticking up). We missed one nail head and it has worked itself into a pimple on the floor. No one notices it but me but still. it sucks.

But 2 dogs, constant mud and snow and squirrel guts and it is as good as the day we put it down (in terms of color and wear). Pretty darn impressed.

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #49  
I've had it in one room for about three years now. No complaints still looks like new. The room is occupied and no separations or anything of that sort.

/ Basement upgrades...Allure vinyl flooring is my new best friend: #50  
Just an update -
Product Allure Ultra - "clickable"
Put it in a small bath.
VERY slippery cutting for width w/ utility knife. Tried cutting with circular saw, mess of plastic filings ALL OVER.
Cutting for length is very easy.
For cutting around toilet flange I should have used a scroll saw, but I didn't have one, so I used a coping saw. Tried a jig saw but the cut was not fine.
BE very careful clicking them together and don't damage the lip.
The "floating floor" concept is great until every time you kneel on it it "shifts" a little as you are trying to fit the last pieces in.