Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,791  
Resist as you might it's gonna happen ...

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#1,792  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,793  
China is a good place to iron out the kinks. The government basically controls everything, so if they kill a few people along the way, who's going to complain?

If have to wonder whether a self-driving car in China drives similarly to the average driver. If the car is programmed for defensive driving, I picture one stuck in traffic with swarms of little scooters zipping past it and all the other drivers continually cutting it off.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,794  
Not as many scooters or bicycles on the road in China now. Still some , but mostly cars.
They have loaner bikes like in US cities. Everywhere we went it was mostly cars in the cities.
Special weather conditions, I guess that means it needs to see the lines and curbs.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,795  
Resist as you might it's gonna happen ...

Yes- and here is another, Finally a (fairly) normal looking electric SUV
Audi built

Q4 e-tron

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,797  
Good point, vehicles are becoming a very sophisticated sensor platform. Add your cell phone to the mix and imagine all the information that could be available.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,798  
Another electric platform with what could be multiple uses

4 hub motors 12000 watts, trailer pulling capability

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,799  
Good point, vehicles are becoming a very sophisticated sensor platform. Add your cell phone to the mix and imagine all the information that could be available.

There have been times when I'm using Google Maps while driving my car, and I'm stopped at a traffic light, with a few cars in front of me. Google Maps will indicate a short yellow section of road in front of me, which indicates a mild slowdown of traffic.

It makes me wonder about the source of information to provide such pinpoint and up-to-date traffic information.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #1,800  
Private Eyes Are Watching You!

Status
Not open for further replies.