Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,611  
EV's are/will be hook/tow.

The problem will be getting to them in dense traffic. I've seen Goldwings (evil ICE machine, to the rescue) set up with batwing tow-dollies for towing vehicles in Europe. Not gonna pull an F550 with a 'Wing, but suitable for extracting small vehicles out of gridlock.

Power. NOW. I'm going to miss hydrocarbons, once The Motor Law is for real....

Rgds, D.
I believe you, but that I gotta see…
Ive been in those dreaded traffic jams many, many times and for the life of me it is pure gridlock. It’s almost a feeling of helpless claustrophobia in the tunnels and on the bridges.
The one way deck over bridges and one way tunnels are really tight. It’s not like help can come from the oncoming traffic lanes.
Kinda fun to speculate, tho.
My prediction is it’ll be the topic of the 5 o’clock news, sitcoms and water cooler talk in the coming years.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#3,612  
Unless they show on the same pictures over and over and sharing them from every nation we're going to have a shortage of passenger cars from all this flooding around the world.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,613  
EV's are/will be hook/tow.

The problem will be getting to them in dense traffic. I've seen Goldwings (evil ICE machine, to the rescue) set up with batwing tow-dollies for towing vehicles in Europe. Not gonna pull an F550 with a 'Wing, but suitable for extracting small vehicles out of gridlock.

Power. NOW. I'm going to miss hydrocarbons, once The Motor Law is for real....

Rgds, D.
agreed

I am surprised by how fast the Motor Law really did materialize.

Sure. like some others, i want an electric car- But there is No way it/they will ever sound or make me viscerally feel the same as a well built classic muscle car
No Way.
The electric car may be quicker, but it just does not have the same effect as the V8 responding with a roar and is missing the mechanical music that gives me an adrenaline surge. I can say the same for my old Z 1000 bike- that thing always put a smile on my face.

Long Live "mechanical music"

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,614  
Rivian, who still hasn’t sold a single truck or suv yet, announced they want to build a second manufacturing plant:

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,615  
I think it's actually more of a shortage of employable people. This shortage of qualified people is preventing some of the companies from doing their larger rollout with EVs. Elon Musk has picked up 90,000 people making over minimum wage tightening up the supply. While he does not do direct advertisement for car sales he is always doing promos to bring awareness to college students about coming to work for them. They are battery and people restrained today.
Wow 70 mpg is awesome if that's what you're getting. I see they're only rated at about 50 mpg highway. How do you manage to get that mileage?

To your "sidebar", I'm against a national sales tax. I think it's anti growth, negative to consuming, and promotes black markets. I also think corporations should not be taxed.

Kevin
but corporations are people, the supreme court said so!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,616  
Rivian, who still hasn’t sold a single truck or suv yet, announced they want to build a second manufacturing plant:
Amazon and Ford are investing in it. It seems like it would be a rival to the Lightning, Ford must be investing in the battery production part. ??

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,617  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,618  
Meh, with all the government intervention, carbon credits, tax incentive, etc it could be done and they could make money, too.
We’d like to think it’s a pure capitalist economy, but it’s not.
Henry Ford and Volkswagen made their fortunes building cars for “the people”, not the wealthy…
I ain’t buyin what you’re sellin
And if old Henry were to start Ford today, he would do it differently. The new way makes more money faster.....

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #3,620  
for a long time texas legislation, influenced by american airlines, had some strange rule regarding SW Airlines departures and landings.

been a long time and don't remember the details but, another example of legislators being bought and sold by special interest.
A type of capitalism, called crony capitalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.