Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,441  
Curious where you found that information. Support for anthropogenic climate change is overwhelming in the scientific community and it has been for a very long time. Even the most pessimistic estimates put it 4 out of 5: Fact Checking The Claim Of 97% Consensus On Anthropogenic Climate Change
LMAO...The only thing that is overwhelming is the amount of gullible people that are not cognizant of the fact that science is the belief in the ignorance of experts...!

BTW...follow the money behind EVERY SINGLE ENTITY that supports AGW...even the ones that lie about their funding and agendas...

If you take out all the convoluted and manipulated climate numbers...the AGW theory has actually been completely debunked...!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,442  
Supply and demand. Oil companies have decided oil is a loser, so they have cut exploration and development to the bone. Wells run dry all the time. They can pump their available supplies tax free thanks to the depletion allowance, so doubling or tripling the price of crude is a win-win for them. Plus, they don't have to expand or build those expensive refineries, which puts even more profits in their pockets. They are not in the oil business, they are in the profits business.

Meanwhile, Americans will get tired of $6/gallon gasoline or diesel, and EV sales will explode. Welcome to the future.
That cash flow dynamic is not going anywhere...the cost of owning/driving an EV will increase to make up the difference...
The demand for more inefficient batteries, fuel taxes replaced with energy use taxes (for EV owners)...

The dynamic may change but the cost to consumers wont...!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,443  
LMAO...The only thing that is overwhelming is the amount of gullible people that are not cognizant of the fact that science is the belief in the ignorance of experts...!

BTW...follow the money behind EVERY SINGLE ENTITY that supports AGW...even the ones that lie about their funding and agendas...

If you take out all the convoluted and manipulated climate numbers...the AGW theory has actually been completely debunked...!
And smoking doesn't cause lung cancer.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,444  
Canoo has their investor relations day this Thursday at the Texas Motor Speedway. Updates on vehicles, including crash/safety testing, and a chance for outsiders to get their hands on the vehicles. Lifestyle van, delivery van (MPDV), and the truck.
Hopefully will hear reports on possible manufacturing sites and partners, pre order numbers, and updates on timelines for each vehicle.
Rumors about a sedan also sprouted up two weeks ago.
All of the above vehicles use the same chassis.
C705E221-098B-4BE4-B94B-CB963970CFEA.jpegA4A528A4-65FD-459E-9431-CE12ED572908.jpeg1EA9AB7E-48DB-4568-B4BF-05E2FDB094B4.jpeg

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,447  
And masks work....LMAO...!
Of course they do!
Fauci said they do.....after he said they don't!
Makes me wonder if he is related to John Kerry.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,448  
Since the US Canadian border is not covered in ice sheet obviously we are in a phase of global warming. I am aware that the ice had melted before we started drilling oil wells.

I for one do not get the connection between global warming and EVS as a solution to the problem.

Science tells me that my gas vehicle has efficiency of 20 30% and my EV has efficiency of 80%. That's what drives me to EVS instead of ice vehicles when feasible but we're far far from EVS proficient at meeting all transportation needs in total today.

Dino juice fossil fuel crude oil whatever you want to call it will run out some day and I'd like to make that last as long as we can for lubrication roads etc.

The coming hundred dollar Plus oil prices will cease this needless debate over climate change because we'll do it for economical reasons only.
Wow , Anyone really think oil will go over a hundred again?
Projections I saw said over the summer oil will continue to rise with a crude price drop going into fall and winter as supply ramps up.

I was thinking of reasons why I want an electric car and one i have not seen mentioned much.

It is having to work on oily greasy old cars...

Wife inherited a 1974 Mercedes 280 C gas engine 2 door coupe. and having sat for at least 12 years it is being kind of a ----- to get running and driving.

I have been going thru the now expensive nitrile gloves like crazy because of the grime and still getting crude,,, I mean crud:) all over me. I think it would be nice to get under a vehicle and replace worn parts without getting covered in old oil...not to mention that old gasoline that needs cleaned out from tank, antifreeze due to a stuck thermostat, fuel system, carb rebuilding , and stuck brakes.

Have to wonder what it will be like fixing up a classic electric car in 40-50 years?

ps. Have to take a 200 mile road trip tomorrow and we will be driving our very best MPG vehicle -

the RAM 3500 4 wheel drive Cummins diesel powered truck.

No joke. it gets about 8 MPG better than the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Last edited:
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,449  
Of course they do!
Fauci said they do.....after he said they don't!
Makes me wonder if he is related to John Kerry.
Well the (so called) mainstream media covered it up as best they could but evidently you didn't read the Fauci e-mails where he admitted that the majority of the masks used by the general public did very little if anything in the way of preventing the spread of COVID...he said they knew all along regardless of all the BS research being released...

Fauci BTW is a scientist..different fields of study but a scientist is a scientist in the broader sense of the word...
It's a good thing that none of the idiot AGW zealots have a powerful enough voice to get the ear of the populous the way Fauci did and con everyone into wearing masks...al gore tried but his inventing the Internet ruined a lot of his credibility...except for the extremely gullible...

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #2,450  
I sure hope that Ford is not going to base the Lightning towing range based off this test:
4EAED75D-44A5-4ECB-B04A-10C604A8EDB4.jpeg3C407F26-11F5-43EF-BFA0-D030E297E046.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.