Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,163  
An EV death spiral cannot be blamed for earthquakes .... ;)

No, But oil/gas extraction / fracking can be linked to some earthquakes

"but it has also been linked to larger earthquakes. The largest earthquake known to be induced by hydraulic fracturing in the United States was a M4 earthquake in Texas."

ps. Hard to make or do much of any modern life things without oil and gas, including electric vehicles.
Hard to make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

Fluid injection earthquake of over a M5.7 ,

"How large are the earthquakes induced by fluid injection?
The largest earthquake induced by fluid injection that has been documented in the scientific literature was a magnitude 5.8 earthquake on September 23, 2016 in central Oklahoma."

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,164  
So, Tesla cannot compete in the entry level vehicle market. Their oft touted low-cost manufacturing model does not work as well as predicted.

And if BYD (or whoever) can eat their lunch on a $25k car, you know they can do the same on a $45k car.

People are looking for low cost and reliable cars. The hoopla with FSD makes almost no sense for the vast majority of EV users. Not many users who drive 50 miles a day are going to pay $200/mo for FSD. $7/day buys two gallons of gas per day and that is 100% of the fuel they need for go 50 miles. FSD might make sense for long trips for safety/fatigue reasons, but then we go back to the "gas station" model, and that is not ideal for EVs.

There are guys like fuddy who are getting more than 25 mpg on their daily driver. Heck my F150 gets 21 mpg!!

Reminds me of when the Japanese first brought in their econo boxes. They kicked our butt on affordable, economical and reliable cars. Then, once established, they started bring in Camry's etc etc. Civics and Corollas are still great cars with decades of solid history.

What concerns me is if Tesla cannot compete, how wtill our legacy automakers fare?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,165  
Just another thought....

With Tesla abandoning the entry level market, the EV greenies must be having anxiety attacks. I know it is immature to rejoice in the misery of others, but I cannot help myself. Those morons have done so much damage to our country they deserve it.

I despise "climate activists".

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,166  
I watched a documentary involving Volvo committing to 100% EV’s.
The CEO said he was excited for the challenge, but said because of extra materials and such needed to produce these vehicles, the environmental benefit break even point they calculated at 12 years.
By his own admission, EV’s are more polluting to the planet for the first 12 years.

Sorry, to you people thinking you’re saving the planet..this isn’t going to “save” the planet

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,167  
Just another thought....

With Tesla abandoning the entry level market, the EV greenies must be having anxiety attacks. I know it is immature to rejoice in the misery of others, but I cannot help myself. Those morons have done so much damage to our country they deserve it.

I despise "climate activists".
A lot them are nothing more than environmental climate terrorists

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,168  

Edit: No paywall.

There only seems to be one source for this statement that the car is being dropped. I saw the comment that Tesla internal communications were used.

What was the date on the memos??

No other sources have confirmed this as fact that I can find.

Elon has previously said that the design was well on it's way and that it would be produced at Giga Texas first.

Anyone have any other Info on dropping the 25K car?

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,170  
I see no paywall.

I think they base it on how many times you read their articles, actually they just want me to register with email. So no it is not a paywall, tired of all of the spam that goes with registration to view content and 16 sets of terms and conditions.

Last edited: