Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #191  
I have had this Husky 120i for about 18 months .

Has it’s uses , but they aren’t many .
50DF391C-9FE2-4F6D-940D-0AB598FD6D37.jpeg

/ Battery powered chainsaw #193  
I've thinking about buying a cheap one (Ryobi) I have a 15% off coupon at HD.
A friend has one and he really likes it. Says it has plenty of power and he can put it down, do other things and not have to pull the start rope to get the engine going, Just push the button and start cutting.

I already own 3 gasoline powered saws, and just thought this battery saw is something that would be handy to use around the farm
Excellent for almost all small to midsized jobs, have no complaints. But make sure you get the 40V model...

/ Battery powered chainsaw #194  
Has anyone experienced their battery chainsaw throwing the chain? My green works 40 v has thrown the chain more often then my gas saw. Had it tightened and lubed. Power last long enough and like the idea of not having to screw around with hard starting and fuel issues. Thanks

/ Battery powered chainsaw #195  
Has anyone experienced their battery chainsaw throwing the chain? My green works 40 v has thrown the chain more often then my gas saw. Had it tightened and lubed. Power last long enough and like the idea of not having to screw around with hard starting and fuel issues. Thanks
Strange, my 40 volt Greenworks I've never thrown the chain and used it a LOT over the years. I'd be sure the bar and chain are OK, rolling it around by hand. Easy to adjust and tighten by hand...no tools needed.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #196  
Maybe chain stretch?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #197  
My 60v greenworks doesn't throw chains often but when it does it the drive gear messing them up and they're no longer usable.

It also works much better with the 5ah batteries than the 2ah batteries. Not meaning run time but cut power.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #198  
Got a Stihl Farm Boss in the shop, but use a small EGO battery saw for abundant small jobs. Have a mile long driveway through a forest and big limbs are a constant issue. The little battery power handles them perfectly. Got it as a return from Amazon two years ago and it works perfectly - cost $110.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #199  
Yes and that's why I mentioned having to constantly check the bar/chain tension on my Makita with the 'handle' bar 'lock' (as opposed to the two nut bar lock on my 2-stroke).

I don't know if it's the chain lube that's causing it, I can't get enough 'clamping' pressure on the bar or a combination of the two.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #200  
I have an electric pole saw chain saw, and my father has 2 electric chain saws. And they don't hold a candle to my gas. I saw a good amount of wood for the fire, usually 18" rounds, my husqvarana 455 rancher handles them easily. The batteries, not so much. Sure the blade is sharp enough, and they have torque, but the speed is really lacking. I'll spend all day going through a log without petrol power. They're like the Mr. Magoo of chainsaws, in no hurry.