BEFCO equipment

/ BEFCO equipment #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
OK, didn't have any postive feedback on Howse. How about BEFCO equipment? It's made locally to where I live and looks to be pretty heavy duty. Looking at the rotary tiller first and then some other stuff later.
Thanks

/ BEFCO equipment #3  
I compared Land Pride and BEFCO when I was looking at Driveway Grader - Scrapers, went with the BEFCO based on it being heavier and coming standard with the ripper shanks. So far have been very pleased with the BEFCO.

/ BEFCO equipment #4  
Years ago I owned a 5 ft. BEFCO (Best Equipment Farmers Can Own) finish mower, and it was a very good machine.

James K0UA

/ BEFCO equipment #5  
I have a 7' Befco 3ph finish mower that has taken a lot of abuse ...it has a mulching kit and is, therefore, more susceptible to rocks and branches (but, it is a finish mower, after all)...

There is one design "flaw" in my opinion: the four wheels don't "caster" enough and so it doesn't like sharp turns or reverses ...tires roll off rims, even w. high psi and well greased spindles...should have ordered hard rubber instead of pneumatics

otherwise, good product

/ BEFCO equipment #6  
have had a befco h-40 72" flail mower for 13 years and only repaced the v belts once. good machine. flail 7 acres about once a month. use it on a massey ferguson 135 diesel{43 hp}

/ BEFCO equipment #7  
I've had 2 BEFCO rear finishing mowers and both served me quite well. I owned the first one for about 9 years (came with the first tractor I bought (used) in 2000) It was a 60" machine. Only maintenance required was one belt, greasing and blade sharpening.
The 2nd one I owned was an 84" unit which also came with a tractor I bought (again, used). It was every bit as good as the older 60" RFM.

I did sell the 84" unit because it was just way too big (PITA to back into the garage...almost as wide as the door).

I recommend BEFCO for anyone who wants a good quality implement.

Last edited:
   / BEFCO equipment #8  
I've had a BEFCO medium duty cutter since 2002 and a BEFCO box blade since 2005. Both have been completely trouble-free. Good equipment from what I can see.

/ BEFCO equipment #9  
I had a BEFCO overseeder/aerator a few years ago. It was a great piece of equipment and held up well to seeding fairly rough horse pasture.

/ BEFCO equipment #10  
I had a 5 ft befco finish mower with my first tractor, served me well 10 years no problems. Upgraded to a 6 ft woods finish mower on my new tractor only because the befco dealer had closed down.