Rotary Cutter Bending lift arms on brush hog

/ Bending lift arms on brush hog #11  
How far are you travelling on the road? Can you run the brush hog wheel lightly on the road to lessen the weight being on the brush hog's arms if it is that much of a problem?

any commercial unit should already be engineered strong enough to be lifted on it's pins in 3pt fashion... you'd hope anyway...

pics will help..

/ Bending lift arms on brush hog #12  
Something is seriously wrong with the setup if it is hitting the tires.

/ Bending lift arms on brush hog #13  
If you adjust the top link waaay to long, it will force the front of the cutter in when it is lifted and make its front edge hit the tires. Perhaps this is what has happened to him. A few pictures of the cutter lifted on the 3pt would go a long way in clearing this up.

James K0UA

/ Bending lift arms on brush hog #14  
I'd bet that the check chains are way too loose and the mower swings back and forth hitting the tires. We will know more when photos are posted. Otherwise we are just stumbling around in the dark.
This would be my guess...

bearl, to really be able to help we need pictures!

/ Bending lift arms on brush hog #15  
Ok my guess, the top link is too short. (along with what is said about the swing chains above) The top link of the 3 pt should be loose and not holding the mower when in use. The top link should tighten only when raising the mower off the ground otherwise any dips will bend the support brackets on the mower. That is what happened to me.

/ Bending lift arms on brush hog #16  
Are you hitched to the swinging link (in the red square, figure G), or are you hitched to the top of the frame (red square, figure H)?

There needs to be some kind of link system that allows the rear of the mower to go up and down without moving the hitch.

Bruce

Photo from the manual at:
http://www.northerntool.com/images/downloads/manuals/256045.pdf

KKhitch.jpg

/ Bending lift arms on brush hog #17  
Ok my guess, the top link is too short. (along with what is said about the swing chains above) The top link of the 3 pt should be loose and not holding the mower when in use. The top link should tighten only when raising the mower off the ground otherwise any dips will bend the support brackets on the mower. That is what happened to me.

This is my guess as well.

/ Bending lift arms on brush hog #18  
Lots of guesses, lots of questions.

Wonder where the OP went?

/ Bending lift arms on brush hog #19  
We may have solved his problem with all the bent up bushogs we have!

:thumbsup:

/ Bending lift arms on brush hog #20  
Maybe he is trying all the combinations that were mentioned and seeing which one recreates the problem.
Still, Pictures would help.