Best inexpensive tool cabinet?

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #22  
@Larry Caldwell I don't know which is more amazing, your rack, or the collection of vice grips. Wow.

@Muhammad
@Steppenwolfe x2 on the used / estate / auction route. I have picked up a couple of tool chests at pennies on the dollar, and always with great additions to the tool collection for free.

I also have some old metal lab benches that are great for storing bulky tools / chargers, etc. plus you get a nonflammable work surface.

Good luck on getting things organized.

All the best,

Peter

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #23  
I outfitted my garage with NewAge Bold 3.0 Cabinets. Cheaper than any other cabinets I could find. I am finishing up my new pole barn shop this Spring, and will be buying more for the shop. Before and After.

_DSC9115.JPG

_DSC9107.JPG

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #24  
I plan to make a workbench using a couple of 24”-30” inexpensive pre-made cabinets w/drawers like mentioned earlier. Formica or plywood top is still undecided. HF sounds good too.

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #26  
It's not great for organizing many small hand tools, but I've found I like taking old metal filing cabinets for tool storage. I have managed to find an assortment of them absolutely free that businesses were throwing out. It's working really well to keep my power tools, hammers, caulk, caulk guns, nails, screws, etc.

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #27  
Picking a cabinet for tool storage will depend on the amount and type of tools and ease of accessibility for those tools. It may require more than one cabinate.

Perhaps shelving for the larger portable tools like power saws. A proper mechanics chest for the wrenches etc. Then another chest for smaller woodworking tools like hand saws, chisels etc. And do not forget the small portable tote for when you need tools somewhere else.

Also add in a work bench which can include lots of storage.

Evaluate the storage area and make plans for different scenarios. Then pick the one you want.

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #28  
BTW, I used to build my own but with the cost of wood, buying steel cabinets is a better option. I have a full wood shop and still bought my last two tool cabinets.

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #29  
Honestly I really poured over reviews before buying my harbor freight one, but its awesome. Went together easy, the wheels are strong, and the drawers slide out really easy. I would not hesitate to get a few more, they go on sale a lot and they started doing a lot of new colors too.

/ Best inexpensive tool cabinet? #30  
I have good intentions of getting organized, but my fallback seems to be 5 gallon buckets and plastic dish pans. Habits I picked up from my dad. :giggle: