Best value back-up camera?

/ Best value back-up camera? #11  
Mine has the lines also with feet marks.

No dirt roads around here just dirt when I get in the fields.

Chris

/ Best value back-up camera? #12  
ForumRunner_20120312_160643.png
Here is a pic during normal driving.

ForumRunner_20120312_160904.png

Here is a pic backing up. This is with the tail gate down and 25 sheets of osb in the bed. Another thing I like over the Ford my dad has. With his and the tailgate down its useless.

Chris

/ Best value back-up camera? #13  
I have the same problem with my 2004 Isuzu NPR/EFI stakebed. There's no interior rear view mirror because the headache rack blocks the view. Only have the outside rear view mirrors. I need the camera for backing up and also for watching the blind spot in the rear while driving down the road.

I'm looking at this one now

Rear View Safety | Product | Backup Camera System | RVS-770613

It's a little pricey, but it has IR night vision capability in addition to daylight capability. The quest continues.

This place has a bunch of choices GPS Backup Camera, Wireless Backup Camera RV truck, Pan & Tilt handheld monitor, Pan & Tilt IP Network Camera, Dancing Daisy baby monitor, usb wireless video camera I got the wireless inspection camera from them. No issues and quick shipping.

/ Best value back-up camera? #14  
I'm looking at
car wireless camera - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

(That's dealextreme.com, with a search for car wireless camera)

If you happen to have your own monitor already, then one of their wireless options for under $30 looks to be a good deal. I happen to have an old PAL based 7" portable TV, so I may just go that route.

The only downside is that it does look like their transmitters need to be kept out of the weather. Hmmm. Maybe some 1" pipe with some silicone glue to keep out the elements...

/ Best value back-up camera? #15  
   / Best value back-up camera?
Wow, there sure are lots of cameras out there. I was considering getting a gm oem type that replaced the rear view mirror but as Chris pointed out with the camera in the tailgate latch the gate has to be up to function. I guess maybe the best place is one of the type that locates the camera in the mounting of the license plate. Seems as though that location will stay clean the longest. The camera lens staying clean would be an issue for me since my woods is located in an area with mostly dirt roads and I live in a rural farming area. Lots of muddy roads and dripping honey wagons. The towns around here use a lot of salt in the winter also. Guess my choice will be one of the wireless models located in the license plate area. Now I just have to pick one. Also I think it might be a good idea to power it full time with a manual switch instead of using the backup lights as a power source...........right. Thanks to all for sharing.

/ Best value back-up camera? #17  
I got mine 3+ years ago, camera mounts on plate, does get dirty/wet, but not bad. Have a 7" monitor mounted on the sun visor, just flip it down to see. My transmitter-wireless, is tied to the reverse light and mounted behind the tail light.I did run a 12 volt line to the sunvisor to power the unit instead of using the lighter plug. I use mine for seeing behind me, but the primary use is trailer hookup. It's really funny to be hooking up with people around, someone will always be directing, and you back up perfect-then they realize you were not paying them any attention:laughing:. The only issue I have with mine is it picks up the feed from security cameras, but with the sunvisor turned up, all I see is the blue glow.. I would like to get another one and put in the bed toolbox to hook up goosenecks. Would not be without it

/ Best value back-up camera? #18  
I would like to get another one and put in the bed toolbox to hook up goosenecks. Would not be without it

For hitching up the gooseneck, I have a rubber bungee that I stretch across the bed rails with a piece of string in the middle. I set it a couple of inches in front of the ball and backup until the gooseneck hits the string. If I have it set right, it works perfectly and it's cheap enough :laughing:

Ken

/ Best value back-up camera? #19  
I just went through this and ended up getting a license plate camera and adapting it for use with my tractor camera monitor (had to make a custom cable adapter). The nice thing is that the monitor can be moved about and used for many things. Also multiple cameras can be plugged in, e.g., if a camera is needed for a special purpose such as monitoring or backing a trailer.

Licence plate camera (a bit spendy but good quality):

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051XB2NK/ref=oh_o01_s01_i00_details]Amazon.com: BOYO VTL375HD HD Rear View Camera: Car Electronics[/ame]

Tractor camera:

OverView Rear view camera monitoring system | Affordable price backup camera

/ Best value back-up camera? #20  
I just purchased this one:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-License-Plate-Backup-Camera/dp/B0049LBJ56/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b]Amazon.com: Koolertron Rear View License Plate Backup CMOS Camera: Car Electronics[/ame]

For $15, it was worth a gamble. I also purchased a 4.3" screen for another $32. If this works out, I'll buy three more cameras, and then just move the screen between vehicles as needed. Need one on the motorhome, one on the truck, and one on the Blazer. The last one would go on the back of the 26' enclosed trailer, if I decide the quality is good enough. Might go with a better camera on the back of the trailer.