BH stabilizer claws

/ BH stabilizer claws #31  
The inability to level itself is exactly why I want them taller. Being longer would be better too. Mine is prone to tipping sideways when moving a load to the side that wouldn’t happen if the stabilizers were a little longer. My 310 was much better in that regard.

My old Ford is extendahoe. It'll carry a bucket full with the boom retracted. Extend the boom and swing to the side and it wants to tip. But generally very stable.

/ BH stabilizer claws #32  
Are you working across a slope? Why not cut a shelf for the machine to sit on vs. trying to use the stabilizers ?

My hoe use is "on farm" use. I'm rarely on flat ground. I'm rarely in one spot more than a couple minutes. No shelf digging, block stacking here. Vary the stance to best fit the situation and move on. :)

/ BH stabilizer claws #33  
My old Ford is extendahoe. It'll carry a bucket full with the boom retracted. Extend the boom and swing to the side and it wants to tip. But generally very stable.

My 310 was a lot more machine than my M59 is. Swinging my 36” half yard bucket at full existent full swing either way was no problem on level ground. My M59 36” bucket isn’t nearly the volume but it would fail the same test. The stabilizers that are too short are more of the problem than machine size.

/ BH stabilizer claws #34  
My 310 was a lot more machine than my M59 is. Swinging my 36” half yard bucket at full existent full swing either way was no problem on level ground. My M59 36” bucket isn’t nearly the volume but it would fail the same test. The stabilizers that are too short are more of the problem than machine size.

I agree. If the hydraulics of the machine handles the load but the platform doesn't remain stable, then it's definitely a stabilizer problem.

/ BH stabilizer claws #35  
You致e got to be kidding. Let痴 get off the machine to move a 6x6 block stack every time I move the machine forward. Another benefit to all that hassle is I致e lost the benefit of the stabilizer engaging the ground.

We do not kid about safety on my jobs. Any one on site is allowed to shut down a job if they think something is wrong or about to go wrong, without repercussion.

/ BH stabilizer claws #36  
We do not kid about safety on my jobs. Any one on site is allowed to shut down a job if they think something is wrong or about to go wrong, without repercussion.

I’ve done what you suggested before. Well actually I stuck a slab of broke concrete under it with the thumb but adding support under the stabilizer is far more dangerous than if the stabilizer was big enough to start with. With the support under the pad you run the risk of sliding off the support and toppling the machine.

/ BH stabilizer claws #37  
My hoe use is "on farm" use. I'm rarely on flat ground. I'm rarely in one spot more than a couple minutes. No shelf digging, block stacking here. Vary the stance to best fit the situation and move on. :)

Depends on what the "situation" is :) 4570's position reads like something is outside the normal.

Swinging my 36” half yard bucket at full existent full swing either way was no problem on level ground.
:eek: definitely not a best practice.

/ BH stabilizer claws #38  
With the B21 if I leave the upslope tire on the ground I can raise the downslope tire about 6-8" with the stabilizer. If that isnt enough I figure I am just outside the capability of the machine.

:thumbsup:

/ BH stabilizer claws #39  
Depends on what the "situation" is :) 4570's position reads like something is outside the normal.

:eek: definitely not a best practice.

You’re already limited to 180 degrees swing or the 310 beat the M59 on that aspect too with a few more degrees but if you’re trying to dig a big hole how else are you going to get the dirt away? Keeping the bucket low to the ground runs no risk of flipping.

/ BH stabilizer claws #40  
You’re already limited to 180 degrees swing or the 310 beat the M59 on that aspect too with a few more degrees but if you’re trying to dig a big hole how else are you going to get the dirt away? Keeping the bucket low to the ground runs no risk of flipping.

Yep. And with a little operator finesse you can "fling" it a couple more degrees.

This subject is where an excavator shines.