Big Boomers

/ Big Boomers #21  
Do you mean if I paint my Kubota red, white, or BLUE, or just paint the words "Boomer" on the side, I'd then be socially acceptable?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Big Boomers #22  
Wait, I think we're getting confused here - do the 'Boomers' actually say 'Boomer' on the side? I dooooon't think so! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif (But I haven't seen one in a while!)

msig.gif

/ Big Boomers #23  
Jim, I must say, I admire your passion and sense of humour, keep it up. As I told Mark Chalkley, I get an idea of what someone looks like by the comments and opinions they present. I picture you as this big guy sitting on this little blue Boomer, barely able to fit, big smile on his face having a blast. Knowing your passion for your TC18, I can see you wanting to be buried with it too! Remember he who laughs at himself can laugh at everything. Rat...

/ Big Boomers #24  
Hmmm, come to think of it, I don't guess I've seen that either, but then I haven't paid just a whole lot of attention to blue tractors after I bought orange./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I was just going by JimBinMi's messages./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif And besides that, confusion is a normal state of affairs for me.

Bird

/ Big Boomers #25  
Bird,

In my book, you're already socially acceptable! Heck, anyone that can retire from your line of work is OK in my book! And hey, if we ever have a Tractorbynet tractor parade someday...real or virtual, I'll even let you drive behind me...OK maybe beside me! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif And you can even leave it orange! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Jim

/ Big Boomers #26  
OK, thanks JimBinMi, I'll leave it orange, then./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif And you're the one with the occupation I wouldn't have the patience for.

Bird

/ Big Boomers #27  
Hawgee,

Good lord, I think I'm within walking distance of you. Somebody pointed out Buhner's land to me, but near where I am on Issaquah-Fall City Road. Assuming this person is right, Buhner's land must stretch from Boeing Farm back to Issaquah-Fall City Road, and I'm a couple hundred yards west and on the south side, the white vinyl fence and the newer house next door to it.

Speaking of baseball players, Omar Vizquel lives a little further down the road from me. I guess he used to play for the M's and took a liking to it around here.

I'd offer to let you borrow an implement if I have one you need, but I'm afraid that big tractor you're getting will tear up my little implements--even if it is a New Holland :). Sorry, never could resist a dogpile. Actually I don't care, for instance I like Chevy AND Ford trucks, if you can believe that.

/ Big Boomers
Dfelgar,
No hurt. The dogpiles are friendlier these days. Depends on my focus too. For a moment, I thought you might be borrowing the belgians next to an old meat house for when the B would not pull it. There you would have a 4 abreast or 4 in tandem and you would really understand power steering! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
Yes, I believe we are a stones throw. Just about due east thru all the blackberries. Now we know which barn and shop.
Is SafeCo field all green equipment? Would like to know what we will be paying for.

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

/ Big Boomers #29  
I have no idea what they use at SafeCo Field. Maybe some equipment we already bought along with the Kingdome? Oh wait, we're still paying for the Kingdome aren't we :).

Actually I didn't even test drive Deere or NH or belgians. When we moved into the new house a year ago I HAD to get something bigger than my push lawn mower. I'd seen Issaquah Honda-Kubota from the highway, and as soon as I set foot on the lot I was hooked. I later found this site, and everything I read about Kubotas confirmed my first impression. I was worried about the B2710 being too much tractor, but now I wouldn't mind an L. Come to think of it I wouldn't mind an M, either...