Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived

/ Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived #52  
I watched an ex combat Marine on TV laugh at the “assault weapon” designation given to the AR-15.
He said something to the effect that “if I was active duty in combat, and you gave me an AR to go into live combat with it, I’d be very under-armed.”
These things are no where near combat level arms
As a Combat Veteran, I can tell you that Marine was/is an idiot; but I know where he was coming from and somewhat agree with him mocking the Assault Weapon hysteria. But just because civilian AR's are semi automatic and most Military weapons are full auto or fire in 3 round bursts, they would perform extremely well in combat.

There are better weapons out there these days and the AR 15 is a little dated but it WILL do the job.

BTW, the 'AR' in the designation is an abbreviation of the word 'Armalite' after the compnay that first invented them. Stoner, I think his name was, that did it all.

/ Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived #53  
Personally, if I thought I ever had to defend myself I'd have a double barrel shotgun with #4 buckshot in my arsenal.
Good luck if it’s more than one assailant

/ Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived
We haven’t been invaded?????
From what I remember, we (the US) were bombed during WW2.

The irony is people have no clue that the Japs bombed a US state, but people also have no clue that the US government bombed US soil in protection of industry owners "rights".

Not politcal, just fact.

/ Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived #56  
I can still remember to this day my relatives telling me about freight ships being sunk by UBoats off Long Island Sound not 1 hour after they left port in 1943. The US Navy and Gov agreed to censor (hide, lie) about information on the U-Boat attacks to keep American morale higher. Over 5,000 merchant marines & seamen died in those attacks, more that double of Pearl Harbor, another invasion, but not continental US.
We still have the steel pylons that supported “submarine nets” at the mouth of the Delaware River under the Commodore Barry Bridge, just south of Philadelphia .
I also read the stories about the Japanese releasing the balloon bombs on the US, but they had little effect.

/ Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived #57  
From what I remember, we (the US) were bombed during WW2.

The irony is people have no clue that the Japs bombed a US state, but people also have no clue that the US government bombed US soil in protection of industry owners "rights".

Not politcal, just fact.
I don't believe we were bombed. Maybe some of our possessions, protectorates and territories got bombed but the United States itself wasn't.

Unless you count some of the balloons the Japanese set loose that traveled the air currents (Jet Stream??) and dropped small payloads somewhere around Wash State.

/ Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived #58  
I can still remember to this day my relatives telling me about freight ships being sunk by UBoats off Long Island Sound not 1 hour after they left port in 1943. The US Navy and Gov agreed to censor (hide, lie) about information on the U-Boat attacks to keep American morale higher. Over 5,000 merchant marines & seamen died in those attacks, more that double of Pearl Harbor, another invasion, but not continental US.
We still have the steel pylons that supported “submarine nets” at the mouth of the Delaware River under the Commodore Barry Bridge, just south of Philadelphia .
I also read the stories about the Japanese releasing the balloon bombs on the US, but they had little effect.
My first open-water-dive was on the SS Benwood wreck. She was torpedoed by a German Sub and on here way back to port got run into by an American Tanker.

It's been part of Pennekamp Coral Reef Park for a long time now. Wiki, the official dictionary for Univeristy of Phoenix Grads (and fact-checkers everywhere), doesn't mention it but she was definitely hit by a German Torpedoe

/ Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived #59  
Never knew how ships could also simply “ram” subs in the right spot and tear open their hulls

/ Biggest group of idiot gun owners that ever lived #60  
Well, the German torpedoes worked, unlike our wwII mk14s.

my wife’s uncle was on USS Wahoo when it went down. Their reports list so many dud torpedoes I can’t believe men even wanted to serve on Those boats.