Bolt Size Help

/ Bolt Size Help #21  
It might be worth trying to screw in a piece of tight wood. When you take it out, you should be able to count the TPI or the pitch if its metric. Measure the maximum diameter as best you can, and then you should get some help on the actual size.

/ Bolt Size Help #22  
I see some bolt heads on one of my B2150s that say "10.9" which I believe means it is a 10mm metric bolt with 9 threads per cm. Not that your bolt holes are that size at all.

/ Bolt Size Help #23  
   / Bolt Size Help
I see some bolt heads on one of my B2150s that say "10.9" which I believe means it is a 10mm metric bolt with 9 threads per cm. Not that your bolt holes are that size at all.
nope the 10.9 is the grade not the size

/ Bolt Size Help
It might be worth trying to screw in a piece of tight wood. When you take it out, you should be able to count the TPI or the pitch if its metric. Measure the maximum diameter as best you can, and then you should get some help on the actual size.
this may be an interesting idea if i have to, i think they make a substance just for this "casting" technique in a different application though.

/ Bolt Size Help
Well, if its the same as a MX, I'll be heading down to my shop shortly and can tell you
not same as mx. i have a m6060hd thanks

/ Bolt Size Help #28  
I usually resort to my tap & die set to find a bolt or hole size & pitch. Try different taps to see if you can get one that threads in. A tap works better than a bolt for this since it will clean paint and debris from the threads. Use care so you don't cross thread.

If all else fails, you can always drill & tap the holes for a larger bolt size.

/ Bolt Size Help #29  
not same as mx. i have a m6060hd thanks
I know it's not the same machine. But the bolt sizes may be. The 6060 is only one step larger. Have you tried a 12mm bolt.

You said 16mm is too big, and 14mm is an uncommon size. Not saying it's not, but it's like a 7/16 or 9/16 sae bolt. They make em, they use em, but not that often.

That leaves 12mm.

You not doing anything to help us help you. What do you have at your disposal to try an figure this out. Do you have a tap and die set? Do you have some SAE bolts and can tell us what sizes in sae are too big and what ones are too small? Have you tried taking 30 seconds and pulling a bell housing bol and see if it worked? Or any other bolt on the machine for that matter?

My money still says you will eventually find out it's the M12-1.25 like I said

/ Bolt Size Help #30  
I bet they are 12mm. The head size on a 12mm is commonly 19mm which a 3/4" wrench fits perfectly. That means the size is very close to 1/2" SAE, probably a little larger. Thread pitch is another matter. 1 and 1.5 is common but if it is a finer thread it may be a 1.75.