Boss Plow on BX Tractor

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #11  
This is a 6' 8" western plow that I put on my BX1850. Two pins, four quick disconnects and unplug the wiring for the lights and the plow was off and ready to mount the FEL. I think the plow ws originally meant to mount on a jeep but not sure which model. Heavy wet snow it was a challenge to get enough traction to push a full blade.

Attachments

• Plow .JPG
    Plow .JPG
    369.4 KB · Views: 872
   / Boss Plow on BX Tractor #14  
I think the plow ws originally meant to mount on a jeep but not sure which model.

That's a Western Suburbanite- same as a Fisher Homesteader- poly plow. Mounts are available for many different brands and models- primarily 1/2 ton vehicles. I have one on my Toyota Tacoma.

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #15  
You asked - you got it .

Thanks, looks great!

I just finished up my plow build this week. I picked up a 5' Warn ATV plow and push tubes, made a bracket to mount them to the bucket. Paint is drying now on the mounting bracket. I'm hoping for snow, and that the plow holds up, in the next week!

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #16  
Wow, that's sweet! Did you make your own or is that one you can just buy like that?

I made my own. I took a old plow off from my uncle's truck and modified the A frame to fit on the FEL arms. I used a hobart ez125 handler (125volt flux) to weld everything together. been holding up for 2 winters already- going into 3rd.

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #17  
Problem I have with plowing snow using my BX is the front end is so light its hard (almost impossible) to steer. Thats using my bucket. Id imagine a blade would be similar.

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #18  
scooby -- I noticed the same thing with my bucket. it gets so loaded up it only goes where there is less resistance. With the plow, angled all the way to the side - it can plow in straight rows and I can turn just fine when I lift the plow just enough to put weight on front tires. If you leave FEL arms in float mode all the time and you start to have steering issues from wet ,heavy snow the weight gets "pushed back" so to speak to the rear side of the tractor due to geometry of FEL support arms in middle of tractor. next time you feel the BX starts to lose front steering, just a few taps of control lever to lift FEL will do it. Its kind of like an art to it - you just lift in little by little until you get control back and you still can "scrape" bottom of surface. sometimes its better to have an inch left of snow on driveway and go back to clean up for faster /better control of steering.

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor
It seems that I am not the only one to consider the Boss UTV on a Kubota compact tractor.

image9-1280x956.jpg

That B Series is a little bigger than my BX and the plow looks to be just about right on that tractor. Hmmm.

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #20  
I made a mount and mounted a 5' Polaris Glacier II ATV plow on my BX1860. Works very well, much better than on the ATV it was on. Steering and traction are not a problem. I raise and lower it with a hydraulic cylinder attached to the FEL connections.

Attachments

• image-1992380728.jpg
    image-1992380728.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 468
  • image-3240359845.jpg
    image-3240359845.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 312