Bought a xr3140hc today

/ Bought a xr3140hc today #1  

spruce Deere

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 with loader LS xr3140h also with loader plus a cab
So, been a while since I have posted on tbn. As the tree farm grew, so did the need for more implements. After 20 years we ALMOST have most of the implements we need. Tree farming is no exception...common with different farming situations is the need for 4 things needing done at the same time, and to help the effort, we settled on an LS xr3140hc for a second tractor for the expanding/growing tree farm.
Its quite an upgrade from the ever dependable for 13 years un-cabbed, 27 hp jd790. Being the LS is Cabbed, hydrostatic drive, 40hp and more bells and whistles standard than most other models.
Anybody here own/run one of these LS xr3140hc model tractors? Any input would be welcome

/ Bought a xr3140hc today #2  
I've ran one of those a bit. They are very nice tractors. It can pickup a round bale with the FEL as long has you have weight out back. That cab makes brush hogging easy!!

/ Bought a xr3140hc today
I did run the tractor around for 1/2 hour or so playing with every button and lever i could pull or push. It was cold and rainy but the cab was warm and dry and the wipers kept the windows clear:D

/ Bought a xr3140hc today #4  
Congrats on the new tractor. Can't speak about the XR3140HC but I've been happy with my older model XR3037HC. Hope you get very many years out of her.

Was a little apprehensive about buying an LS tractor. But after doing a lot of digging and reading, learning that a few newholland models are/were built by LS and looking at the overall build plus all the standard features that are just options on most other models, the good points out numbered negative.
My main concern at first was the brand being here and gone like Montana tractors pulled.... the moves and positioning LS has made, I think they will be around for a while.

/ Bought a xr3140hc today #6  
XR3140 is a good machine. I had the New Holland version before upgrading and it was a good tractor. No complaints.

Congrats on the new tractor.

XR3140 is a good machine. I had the New Holland version before upgrading and it was a good tractor. No complaints.

Congrats on the new tractor.

I was told the boomer series and taskmaster series of the nh line are LS built. What model of nh did you have before the LS??

/ Bought a xr3140hc today #8  
I was told the boomer series and taskmaster series of the nh line are LS built. What model of nh did you have before the LS??
I had the Boomer 40, which was the XR3140.

Thanks for the input folks:thumbsup: Between the holiday and other goings-on, I will get the tractor this coming Tuesday. Dealer is installing fancy stereo, then off to the tire shop for rim guard for the rear tires. I went with industrial tires instead of ag tires because of the additional width for a little bit more floatation for the early spring work on the trees

/ Bought a xr3140hc today #10  
Congratulations on the new tractor. I have a xr3135c and it’s been a great machine. I will say if you’re having the stereo installed you will want to have the factory speakers replaced. Unless they have changed in the last 2 years since I bought mine, they distort horribly.