Box Blade options for the 110 tlb

/ Box Blade options for the 110 tlb #21  
I agree EA has been excellent at resolving customers issue. I'm real close to buying a grapple from them but I'm still partial to going with Gannon or Frontier(one in the same, I know). I'm going to keep looking for a deal like you found and hope the shipping doesn't kill the deal.

Keep us up on how the Frontier unit holds up for you. EA should send you product demos to test wear and tear!:thumbsup:

Today I popped into what is Minnesota's largest multi-line motorcycle shop today to look at the Ranger 900 and Yamaha Viking side by sides, and where an old friend of mine runs the retail business. After talking to a sales guy I went and found my friend and after some discussion, I asked my buddy about the reliability of the two machines. My friend laughed and said that his service department hadn't had any of the Yamahas come back, but since it was me, he said, that I'd break it in ways nobody had ever thought about before! We laughed. I have a reputation.

Any OEM's out there I'm ready to offer my services! :drink:

418221d1427317987-box-blade-options-110-tlb-minnesota-tested-jpg

We stand ready at my testing facility. :thumbsup:

1799880_10204010698887312_8680876444714420989_o.jpg

Attachments

• Minnesota Tested.jpg
    Minnesota Tested.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
   / Box Blade options for the 110 tlb
So I'll throw another log on the fire, I was thinking over the weekend about the box blade and had a bit of a revelation. I presently use my load trail dump trailer to transport my 110. The trailer is 16' x 82" wide so that means I'll have transport issues with the 7' blade. I'd like to buy a flatbed trailer but I really don't haul the 110 much and the dump trailer gets the job done when I do.

This one's at Eric, how's the EA grapple standing up to your "testing"? I'm going to buy a grapple soon and was leaning towards the Construction Attachments line but the Wicked grapple seems to be standing up to the larger lift loaders.

Matt

/ Box Blade options for the 110 tlb #23  
So I'll throw another log on the fire, I was thinking over the weekend about the box blade and had a bit of a revelation. I presently use my load trail dump trailer to transport my 110. The trailer is 16' x 82" wide so that means I'll have transport issues with the 7' blade. I'd like to buy a flatbed trailer but I really don't haul the 110 much and the dump trailer gets the job done when I do.

This one's at Eric, how's the EA grapple standing up to your "testing"? I'm going to buy a grapple soon and was leaning towards the Construction Attachments line but the Wicked grapple seems to be standing up to the larger lift loaders.

Matt

Matt,
I sometimes move my 8' land plane, box blade and other implements length wise in my dump trailer. Slide them out the back and dump them in the soft dirt.

/ Box Blade options for the 110 tlb #24  

Matt

Matt, I can carry my rotary cutter mounted to my three point on my 20' trailer. A box blade is less space. Tight, but you should be able to do it.

1482920_10202816032381396_5612498437562243119_n.jp  g

The grapple is great. As part of my on-going development program, I fire tested EA's grapple a couple of weeks ago, which, if anything proofed the weakness of the loader disappearing behind the hood where weird things can happen out of view. Anyway, EA's grapple passed with flying colors working 12 hour shifts feeding a fire for three days straight before our fire ban took effect.

/ Box Blade options for the 110 tlb #25  
Matt,
I know everyone seems to recommend what they have, and it's not like your new to all this, so I'll just remind you about the box blade you should have bought in the first place :laughing:

I personally wouldn't want anything narrower than 6.5' for a box blade with my tractor. I think I'd like the 7' version when using it (I don't think it would be too much with all the ballast I have) but I don't know if I would have it on "all the time" like I do with my 6.5' version, mostly because (as you know) I do a lot of "woods work" and I think the extra width might be noticed when going through the forest.

I'm hesitant to say, "This is what you need" or "buy the one I have" because I hate to sound like the guy who just recommends everything they own, simply because they own it. Honestly, it sounds like the HRL3578 would fit you perfectly? What am I missing? I know you are familiar with it so how come your not just 'adding to cart'?

The only thing I would like to change, is if they made a highback model, but for the most part, I very rarely, if ever, have spillage out the back. A little more weight WOULD be nice though.

Regarding hydraulic scarifiers, and whether you will get $4k dollars of 'value' out of the blade, well obviously that's your call, but I know you tend to like the better quality things (truck, trailer, tractor, snowplow, side by side, sawmill, etc) and we share opinions on buying quality equipment.

I wouldn't have paid 4 grand for my box blade......but now that I have it, I've changed my mind and I would certainly go for the more expensive version, even if it meant either waiting for used, or getting some more overtime in and saving up for the right one.

I use my scarifiers 10 times more than I ever would if it was inconvenient or time consuming to raise/lower them. I literally get much more "value" out of the box blade simply because of the hydraulic up/down of the scarifiers.

(A good compromise may be the manual retractable model as well)

/ Box Blade options for the 110 tlb #28  
I about cried when I wrote the check for my Land Pride HR3584, but it's been well worth the money, I only use my BB2584 for ballast or light stuff when I have the 3584 on another tractor. I really like the Gannon/Woods, but there aren't any dealers handy and my Kubota dealer handles LP.

I honestly can't say who needs what, but I'm glad I have what I need finally.

/ Box Blade options for the 110 tlb #29  
The grapple is great. As part of my on-going development program, I fire tested EA's grapple a couple of weeks ago, which, if anything proofed the weakness of the loader disappearing behind the hood where weird things can happen out of view. Anyway, EA's grapple passed with flying colors working 12 hour shifts feeding a fire for three days straight before our fire ban took effect.

Eric I agree, after watching your video EA does make a nice grapple (with Super Heavy Duty Hydraulic Hoses!!!!)

/ Box Blade options for the 110 tlb #30  
Eric
In the first video (or the one feeding the fire at night) there is a backup camera feeding a monitor on the right.. can you tell us about that setup?
tks.