Box blade width?

/ Box blade width?
At this point I'm going to try and level my mother's yard with it. Mainly filling low spots and perhaps working on the grade if it seems necessary. Other than that I have no use for it currently.

/ Box blade width? #12  
Probably half of 25-horsepower tractor are powered no more than 60 engine hours per year.

Few 25-horsepower tractors in residential/non-commercial use see more than 120 engine hours per year.

For low hour operation money for rear hydraulic ports is better spent on carefully researched, carefully selected implements.

/ Box blade width? #13  
At this point I'm going to try and level my mother's yard with it. Mainly filling low spots and perhaps working on the grade if it seems necessary.

This may not work out well. Box Blades are for moving bare soil. The rigid box blade will tear up the lawn. Better to use topsoil fill deposited with the FEL and smooth, manually with a hand bow rake.

/ Box blade width? #14  
I am in the same boat. Started with a 20hp tractor and 5' blade and now could have a 50hp and could use a larger boxblade to cover the tires. It hasn't annoyed me enough yet to spend 2K to resolve it :) My main application was grading a gravel driveway. If I were to correct that I'd go 6' landplane and just keep my boxblade. For moving dirt and smoothing piles in the fields is just fine as is.

I agree that it depends on application and efficiency. In a perfect world, I would have a 6-7' box blade that weighs about 2-3x what my current one does and sell my old one.

/ Box blade width?
At this point I'm going to try and level my mother's yard with it. Mainly filling low spots and perhaps working on the grade if it seems necessary.

This may not work out well. Box Blades are for moving bare soil. The rigid box blade will tear up the lawn. Better to use topsoil fill deposited with the FEL and smooth, manually with a hand bow rake.
I also have a heavy duty chain harrow, the yard is 1 acre so it's not small, and at this point ripping up the lawn/weeds is not an issue due to the terrible condition its in, it is a marsh unless we haven't had rain in a few weeks. You think the chain harrow would do well spreading it out after using the fel to fill low spots?

/ Box blade width? #16  
Your Box Blade is rigid.

The Chain Harrow is a flexible mat.

The Chain Harrow mat with points oriented skyward will remain in ground contact and smooth without tearing up the yard. It will not transport much fill dirt but it will smooth.

/ Box blade width? #17  
Has anyone converted a box blade to a front loader? With the down pressure it would sure move the dirt with rippers leading the way

Last edited:
   / Box blade width? #18  
I found this post:

And for something completely different, a box blade on the forks.

Pictures from 10 years ago. A 4' cat0 box blade bolted through existing holes in the forks.

View attachment 449426

View attachment 449427

Spreading a pile of loose dirt/grass.

View attachment 449428

Turned it around with the rippers down, loader in float.

View attachment 449429

View attachment 449430

Post 61

/ Box blade width? #19  
Worked so well that I removed the 3 point hitch From the 4' box blade and can now push or pull it:

Box backwards:
P4270027.JPG
P6280007.JPG

Box forward:
PC250011.JPG
PC250010.JPG

Last edited:
   / Box blade width? #20  
Has anyone converted a box blade to a front loader? With the down pressure it would sure move the dirt with rippers leading the way
I have not needed to put a SSQA plate on the back of the 6' yet. It works very well on the three point adapter.

Dozer mode:
P2100035.JPG
P7020021.JPG

And can be digging in float mode in reverse:
P7020030.JPG

P7020032.JPG