Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help!

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #51  
Ron, as I follow this thread it would appear to me that whatever your problem is, you are having a very difficult time trouble shooting, yet alone fixing the problem. It sounds as if you need someone capable of giving you credible advice on your situation come to your site to look at it first hand and suggest how to deal with it. This thread has gone on for two months now and has gotten pretty much nowhere. Apparently you can't even drive the tractor out of the field. It is doubtful that there is a quick fix or easy adjustment that will rectify your problem. At this rate your tractor will likely spend the winter setting in your field, which is not a good option. Is there no one in your area who could help you?

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #52  
When I've been in a car with a slipping clutch there's not been a different sound from normal. Just the engine revving faster than it should given the car's speed and accelleration.

I agree with Cougsfan, you need a second opinion in person from an experienced mechanic who can see it in person. There are probably local independent mechanics who will come to you.

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #53  
Ron, if your clutch is slipping, the engine will rev up but the tractor will barely move.
Make sure that there isn't a rock or a stick stuck underneath your tractor clutch pedal linkage under the tractor.

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help!
Thanks for the replies.
I moved the tractor out of the field and parked the tractor out of the way.
I blew my knee out a couple months ago and was just healing but blew it out again. Can't hardly walk on it so guess My season is over.
Hoped to get it running but hopefully I can get it on my tilt trailer. Don't know if it has enough Oomph. Ill give my knee a break and then remove the floor plate and check out the linkage for obstructions. I had planned on doing that as a last resort, but my knee caught up with me... To hard to crawl around on it... LOL
Thanks again for all the replies.
Ron

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #55  
Hopefully you can get both the tractor and your knee fixed.

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #56  
If you still have the hoe attached, leave the tractor in neutral and push with the hoe.

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #57  
TractorErnie

I can't believe it.
I answered in detail everything except unplugging the backhoe.
had to re log on and it all went goodbye!!

checked for the gas smell and the yellow can my diesel is in. pretty positive its diesel.. might be bio diesel, but diesel
I did have some old diesel in it, over a year old maybe half a tank.

3 point lever in down position

3 point control knob was screwed in. I had messed with it in different positions and dont remember where it was before the problem.

Fuel pump not purring but is making semi fast clicking noise.

Napa doesn't stock the fuel filter I need here so I need to order one. I cleaned the bowl, strainer, and filter when I inspected it but haven't got one yet. shipping slow these days.

All warning lights are acting as expected both on / off conditions.

So tomorrow I'll unplug the backhoe. I've never done that in all the time I've had the backhoe. I have to get a hydraulic hose for the top of the lower boom as it has a leak in it from chaffing. Its pinned for now.

I may have put a little too to much hydraulic / tractor fluid in it but have been told that wouldn't affect the transmission / clutch. I did that after I noticed the no power scenario.

So that's it until I unplug the backhoe hydraulics and try it again. I've never had so much trouble troubleshooting something before. I've been a electrician for 50 yrs and done my fair share of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting. Its very frustrating at the least! I guess I'm getting to old for this. I know I feel like I am!! :)

Thanks for the ideas, will post later after unplugging the backhoe.

Ron
Hey Ron,
I was reading your post and I am having the exact same issue with my Branson 2910i. I ran it for a few days straight about 3 months ago, doing some box blade work. It has sat still since then. I got into it today cause I just purchased an augur attachment for it. I could hardly move the tractor. It runs fine, but with full throttle in all gears it will hardly accelerate. Just curious if you ever found a solution? My first thought was it was the clutch…

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #58  
Thanks for the replies!
I made a mistake the leaking hydraulic hose line goes to the Large hydraulic ram on the backhoe. I think I have a repair kit for it. I looked at the hydraulic sight window and it "looks" like no fluid is showing. Will have to crawl into it to get a better look. Need to find out which fluid to use as I see there are several. I'm guessing it goes in an Orange odd rubber shaped plug right by the sight glass, but it just says oil on it, so need to clarify that. I Looked for the manual last night and its still AWOL.. Where the tractor is at is difficult to work on. I'm thinking about filling the hyd fluid till sight glass is full and then trying to move the tractor to a place where I can work on it easier maybe 30 or 40 yards. the Tractor will move slowly but I don't know if that would maybe damage it more. After filling I don't know if I have to bleed it or not for just moving the tractor. Not sure even what type of Hyd fluid goes in the tractor. Not having the manual isn't good..
Thanks for the replys... Any more ideas would be appreciated!

Ron
My 3520 shuttle shift uses the gear combo oil from TSC. It could be fuel filter, delivery [I've had 2 pumps] or your accelerator cable at the pedal is broken, try using the lever for engine speed. I only use my engine speed lever for bh and warm up.

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #59  
Hey Ron,
I was reading your post and I am having the exact same issue with my Branson 2910i. I ran it for a few days straight about 3 months ago, doing some box blade work. It has sat still since then. I got into it today cause I just purchased an augur attachment for it. I could hardly move the tractor. It runs fine, but with full throttle in all gears it will hardly accelerate. Just curious if you ever found a solution? My first thought was it was the clutch…
If the clutch is slipping you will have the engine RPMS race abnormally to the work load, especially in higher gears and/or transport. Make sure your engine speed lever is consistent with the fuel pedal. I rarely use my lever and if the pedal cable stretches or breaks you could have this problem, but the lever should still provide acceleration.

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #60  
Old post, sorry. Still good info offered. Feel free to delete. Thanks.