Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help!

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #31  
Disconnect the feed hose that runs from the lift pump to the filter, run it into a container, and turn the key on.

You should get a stream of fuel out of the hose.

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #32  
Biodiesel may or may not cause a long term problems, depending on the source. But I doubt 5 gallons on biodiesel is going to cause what you are describing.

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #33  
Maybe.... hydraulic fluid got on the clutch disc and its making it slip.
Happened to me on a larger Yanmar.

Smell that fuel tank REAL GOOD for any sign of gasoline.
Make sure the 3 point hitch lever is in the down position.
Check that the 3 point speed control knob is adjusted properly, if in doubt, unscrew it all the way out
Try unplugging the backhoe lines from the machine and see if the tractor will move faster, (after you lock the boom pin)
Can you hear the fuel pump purring after you turn the key to the on position?
A Napa Branson fuel filter I think is a 6232 or a 6234? cost $5 bucks
Are there any warning lights on? They are hard to see in the sun light.

These are all things I would check before I start to really worry whats wrong.

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help!
TractorErnie

I can't believe it.
I answered in detail everything except unplugging the backhoe.
had to re log on and it all went goodbye!!

checked for the gas smell and the yellow can my diesel is in. pretty positive its diesel.. might be bio diesel, but diesel
I did have some old diesel in it, over a year old maybe half a tank.

3 point lever in down position

3 point control knob was screwed in. I had messed with it in different positions and dont remember where it was before the problem.

Fuel pump not purring but is making semi fast clicking noise.

Napa doesn't stock the fuel filter I need here so I need to order one. I cleaned the bowl, strainer, and filter when I inspected it but haven't got one yet. shipping slow these days.

All warning lights are acting as expected both on / off conditions.

So tomorrow I'll unplug the backhoe. I've never done that in all the time I've had the backhoe. I have to get a hydraulic hose for the top of the lower boom as it has a leak in it from chaffing. Its pinned for now.

I may have put a little too to much hydraulic / tractor fluid in it but have been told that wouldn't affect the transmission / clutch. I did that after I noticed the no power scenario.

So that's it until I unplug the backhoe hydraulics and try it again. I've never had so much trouble troubleshooting something before. I've been a electrician for 50 yrs and done my fair share of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting. Its very frustrating at the least! I guess I'm getting to old for this. I know I feel like I am!! :)

Thanks for the ideas, will post later after unplugging the backhoe.

Ron

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #35  
Ron, sorry I didn't get back to you, I had to drive almost 7000 miles and I had no puter.
Did you ever get anywhere with the problem, any updates?

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #36  
Seems like the OP got the tractor running and has no time to respond anymore.

20201011_124719.jpg20201011_124702.jpgSorry guys, I came down with something right after my last post. Still not feeling real great! Tractor is still sitting in the same place.. nothing has changed haven't started it since then. Supposed to be warmer today but is really windy.
I do appreciate all the suggestions, still haven't unplugged the backhoe from the tractor.
I did do something that had a strange result... I needed to finish backfilling the work I had done so I put a SS hose clamp around the leaking hydraulic hose on the BH boom and finished up the job with the BH. It leaked a little fluid out but I think it was overfilled anyway. When I got done, I seemed to have a little more power to my wheels. Very little.. Nothing at all what it should be but was moving a little better on flat ground. I came down with a bug that evening so haven't done anything else. If the wind dies down I might go out and see if the tractor fixed itself LOL
I did notice to the left of the drivers seat under the rear wheel well were 2 small black cylinders about an inch in diameter and maybe 3 inches long one was hooked to a small diameter hose one was not Ill post a picture of it if I didn't lose it when I lost my whole post I had just made. Well I downloaded, will see if they turn out.
Thanks for all the help
RON

Anyone have any idea what the 2 black cylinders are in the above post 2 pictures

Disconnected the 2 hydraulic hoses from the backhoe to the tractor. didn't notice any drive power change. I'm curious why that would make a difference?

Thanks

Ron

/ Branson 4020R Lost Power Under load Wont move fast at all?? Help! #39  
Anyone have any idea what the 2 black cylinders are in the above post 2 pictures

Disconnected the 2 hydraulic hoses from the backhoe to the tractor. didn't notice any drive power change. I'm curious why that would make a difference?

Thanks

Ron

Breather tubes for the transmission case ?

TractorErnie
They couldn't cause the no power problem could they? The one that you can see the screw on cap threads looks broken.