Brush Cutter Project

/ Brush Cutter Project
Thanks Gene- I will try the video out this weekend, I love to host people in my plant so when your in Georgia swing on by will let you play with some of our toys!

/ Brush Cutter Project
This would be the valve that I would recommend for your brush cutter, and all functions out front. It is open center, motor, with float, and can handle 20 GPM. It is also has reverse flow.

Solenoid Valves 220-016 Detailed Information

JJ can you walk me through this, I dont have the cushion valve i need so going to head out today and find one that will work and may look for the valve you are showing if you can fill me in on how it works, thx SJ

/ Brush Cutter Project #33  
JJ can you walk me through this, I dont have the cushion valve i need so going to head out today and find one that will work and may look for the valve you are showing if you can fill me in on how it works, thx SJ

What region of Georgia. I am up in NW GA

Russ

/ Brush Cutter Project
Winder Ga. off Hwy 316

/ Brush Cutter Project #35  

As far as the cushion valve, you can use a single relief valve if you will be turning the hyd motor only one way.

The fluid flows straight through the valve , until a control valve is closed, and if this is done at a fast rpm. the motor will try and run like a pump,and no where for the fluid to go, and things will break. What the relief does is to relieve the pressure off the motor, by sending the fluid back to the input of the motor.

With the double relief cushion valve, The valve is installed across the motor input and output hoses, so that is you were to use the hyd motor in reverse, such as a auger, you are protected both ways.

Installing and using the open center motor spool valve. Remove the foot control aux valve, and install the solenoid valve, and wire up a switch to run it in forward or reverse. You will have to use a sub plate with the solenoid for the hose connections. Supply hoses in, and two hose out that feed the flat face Quick disconnects.

If you so the solenoid thing, you will have double protection, because the solenoid motor valve allows the fluid to recirculate through the valve in neutral until it has wound down. If someone were to hook things and one of the QD were to fail closed, and close off fluid flow, then the relief valves by the motor would protect it.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009082509255724&item=9-6135&catname=hydraulic

The picture below, shows the double relief valve on a hyd motor that is mounted on a winch. One of the guys on here put that together, I believe 3RRL.

Attachments

• double relief cushion.jpg
    double relief cushion.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
   / Brush Cutter Project
JJ I got you now! as far as the solenoid dont you think i could do the same thing with a ball valve and not worry with the weather issue on the solenoid

/ Brush Cutter Project #37  
JJ I got you now! as far as the solenoid don't you think i could do the same thing with a ball valve and not worry with the weather issue on the solenoid

Yes sir, you can, but make sure you get a motor spool valve, with detents. I would get some hose extensions and mount the new valve up by the Quick Disconnects. I would also put a liquid filled hydraulic gage on the input pressure line to the control valve. While it is still new, and running good, mark the gage with the motor turning at it best . Expect to see the pressure vary with the load being cut. and the spikes as the blades hit some objects.

This valve would be ideal, 20 GPM, detent all three positions, and is a motor spool.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009082509255724&item=9-6767 &catname=hydraulic

This valve comes set at 1500 psi, so you can adjust it up to 2800 psi, as the hyd motor can run continuously at 3000 psi, and intermittently up to 4000 psi.

Last edited:
   / Brush Cutter Project
JJ thanks for your help! In your post #35 your link brings up one type of CV and the attached picture shows a Prince Crossover Relief Valve you think either one would be a good fit?

I am going to just use the pin in the foot valve this weekend and will worry with the ball valve later. but do want that cusion on before i go

/ Brush Cutter Project #40  
Shaun

I have been following this thread with interest. It would cost me $350 to have a 1/4 inch shell cut and formed. What are the side wall heights...7 or 8 inches? Once mounted, how far are the blades from the bottom and sides? Source for your stump jumper plate and gear box? I would like to see more pictures to include the under side too. I would like to make a 3 point hitch pto driven version.

Thanx for sharing!

Levtron