Bucket Hook Placement

/ Bucket Hook Placement #21  
Sw
Thanks to this thread and the Weld-On Hooks Thread I have decided to use the double mounting
Setup from Kennyd's stuff. (see attached)

I think a 2x2 receiver hitch in the middle will round out any hook up I will come across.

On my existing tractor I am using two bolt-on shackle mounts on the top, these work well except with chain it can become a tangled mess really quick.
Chain Hooks will eliminate the mess and hook up will be quicker but I like the shackles for other things so the double setup will be the way to go.

View attachment 393474n

View attachment 393473

FYI, we will have a bolt on reciever hitch very soon.

/ Bucket Hook Placement
Well, I ended up putting 2 on. Like TripleR mentioned that he didn't use the end ones much which I don't think I will. I was going to put one in the middle, but I may put a receiver hitch there and I'll weld a hook on top of that. I looked at the steel on the bucket that I was welding to, and it is heavy. I didn't see any need for reinforcement. I don't see the bucket bending there at all.

Bucket.JPG

/ Bucket Hook Placement #23  
Looks great LZ :thumbsup:

/ Bucket Hook Placement #24  
After seeing this thread I decided I need these on my bucket and I ordered my hooks and shackle mounts from KennyD!

/ Bucket Hook Placement #26  
Just another way that I did it. Three regular grab hooks ground down a bit on the back side to make a smoother fit. I had this similar set up on all my older tractors. Three is the number you want. If you are gonna tear these up than you aren't working smart

Attachments

• PA050022.jpg
    PA050022.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 269
  • PA050021.jpg
    PA050021.jpg
    962.4 KB · Views: 201
   / Bucket Hook Placement #27  
I mounted the "Bolt-On Hooks" Hooks over the weekend, one at each pivot point on the FEL.

Also added in the "Bolt-On Hooks" 2x2Receiver, centered on the FEL.

image.jpg

I am having some trouble loading picture, the latest iPad update (8.x) really screwed up my iPad, I can't select anything, getting worse. Need to take a trip to Apple and see what they can do, if anything !

Last edited:
   / Bucket Hook Placement #28  
I like the receiver idea, I just wouldn't trust the "bolt on" idea, wouldn't trust the bolts,
especially only two on the hooks.
I would feel more comfortable with them welded.

/ Bucket Hook Placement #29  
I like the receiver idea, I just wouldn't trust the "bolt on" idea, wouldn't trust the bolts,
Shear strength of Grade 8 3/8" bolts is 9,939.6# each (per: https://nucor-fastener.com/Files/PDFs/TechDataSheets/TDS_013_Shear_Strength.pdf). Thats almost 20,000# for 2 bolts.
If they are 1/2" bolts like Ken sells with his kits, they have a shear strength of 17,670.6# each (or ~35,000# for two).

Aaron Z

/ Bucket Hook Placement #30  

Have you seen any of the videos on my website? Or are you just making a blanket statement condemning my product with no evidence?

Under extreme conditions, a weld can fail also.