Bucket level indicator rod---useful?

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #1  

al3

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4110, X500
After some 17 years I finally bent the bucket leveling rod/indicator. Remember looking at the assembly the day I bought the machine thinking it wouldn’t survive. Guess I wont miss it. Made no practical difference on piles of aggregates till I got to the very bottom and then the ground rarely was level anyway.

Am I missing the boat here? Anyone find these things to be indispensable?
loader indicator bent.JPG

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #2  
After 17 years I would suspect your experience would come in the play and you wouldn't need that rod on there anymore

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #3  
I don't think indispensable but handy at times.
On my CUT I replaced my steel rod with a fiberglass one that I made from a discarded chimney sweeping rod.
The 'glass rod is more forgiving being somewhat flexible plus it won't rust.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #5  
To each his (or her) own. I find it a useful if unnecessary indicator. I'll keep mine though I could definitely do without it.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #7  
I like the one on mine since the top of the bucket is not parallel to the bottom so It can't be used as a reference. For me it is more important when using on the lawn to scoop material so I don't tear up the turf.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #8  
Between the grapple, forks and bucket there are three adjustments I'd have to make for it to be useful. I don't really mess with it or pay attention, I should probably set it for forks at truck bed level though :unsure:

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #9  
Between the grapple, forks and bucket there are three adjustments I'd have to make for it to be useful. I don't really mess with it or pay attention, I should probably set it for forks at truck bed level though :unsure:
Could you just mark the side of the rod where you could see it with a different color paint marker for the forks and the grapple for a level reference?

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #10  
Was first addition to my SCUT 3 years ago when I got tractor.... Find it useful every day I use tractor front bucket....

Dale