Bucket pallet forks

/ Bucket pallet forks #1  

paulsharvey

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
I just ordered some bucket forks this evening for $85. I dont expect them to be a Good solution, but they are the cheap (and that means fast) solution. I had planned on picking up normal SSQA pallet forks; but wallet got light; and really wanted to start pulling crap out of the woods and hauling to scrap yard. Nothing super heavy; but 2 old riding mowers; 2 small 4 wheels; couple washing machines/driers; and a bunch of old half rotted demo lumber (old chicken coop).

Question is; does nobody make the old back hoe loader forks; had the 4 hooks on back of loader bucket; heavy rod; and forks that where supported both by the back hooks and the inside bottom of the bucket? I've never seen a pair on a tractor; and frankly, I dont think I've seen any new back hoes/rubber tire hoe/combination (whatever yall prefer to call them).
Screenshot_20230511_202551_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230511_202942_Chrome.jpg

/ Bucket pallet forks #3  
Have you included over the bucket forks in your description?

and many more when I was doing a search.

/ Bucket pallet forks
I saw some of those; but they are only supported by the hooks; there used to be a type that sat in the bucket; so you had support both on the bottom and the top.
Either way; they don't seem like an economical option compared to regular SSQA forks. Maybe good for non quick attack buckets.

Maybe I'm just misrembering, and they didn't sit in the bucket and only hung from the hooks... or maybe it was something fabriccobbled by a contractor for their specific use.

/ Bucket pallet forks #5  
Be careful with those, you run the risk of really boning your bucket.

So long as you're providing proper attention you'll be fine all day long, just don't get into auto pilot.

/ Bucket pallet forks #6  
I have similar clamp on, but I got the bar that goes between them to keep em straight. Could duplicate this DIY. Found mine were not too useful with out.

Keep loads as far in towards the bucket, an into the bucket where possible.
A few people pushed too far and got smiley buckets.

I have been able to move some big items without issue so far (see my avatar)

/ Bucket pallet forks #7  
the stabilizer bar is just about a necessity because the forks will not stay straight. a chain over the bucket on each fork tightened with a binder makes the forks fairly safe and keeps them from getting loose.

/ Bucket pallet forks
Ones I ordered do come with stabalizer bar. I ordered the smaller, 30" ones; hoping I wouldn't be tempted to have something at the very end of a 42" lever, already almost 24" beyond the pins. If you ever order from Vevor,(which I have several times) it can be confusing when you order the 30" variety of the 42" forks; and the description doesn't change. I also bought a 7"x14" metal lathe from them about 5 months ago, for $300 (and they had probably 3 flavors, all at different prices, and same description), and a 36"x72"×12" metal garden raised bed for wife.

I know the "Tool Bear" just did a video, basically saying they are a shady, copy right stealing cover company, but... so far I've been happy.
Screenshot_20230512_171115_Chrome.jpg

/ Bucket pallet forks #10  
I've got the bolt on forks too, and they are super handy for things other than pallets.