Front-End Loader BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #71  
As a previous poster I also had difficulty removing the Bucket Solutions spade from my forks. What worked the best was angling it straight down, spraying some WD40 in, letting it sit a while, then using a sledge. It did not take much force after applying the lubricant.

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #72  
I just looked at Bucket Solutions site. They rate the spade at a 2000lb lifting capacity. It weighs 100lbs. Current price is $469. I paid $389 in March of 2017. Jeff's price 10 years ago would probably seem like an incredible bargain today.

It's not a backhoe but massively beats a hand shovel, especially a 100lb one. LOL

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #73  
I just looked at Bucket Solutions site. They rate the spade at a 2000lb lifting capacity. It weighs 100lbs. Current price is $469. I paid $389 in March of 2017. Jeff's price 10 years ago would probably seem like an incredible bargain today.

It's not a backhoe but massively beats a hand shovel, especially a 100lb one. LOL

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #74  
I calculated I had $6 I believe in mine. Of course most of the steel was already laying around when i bought the place. I had to pay for a little steel and some welding rods.

As handy as the thing is, and the fact it will do some of the duties a backhoe is called upon to do, I am surprised more people don't make them or buy them.

Last edited:
   / BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT
I just looked at Bucket Solutions site. They rate the spade at a 2,000lb lifting capacity. It weighs 100lbs. Current price is $469. I paid $389 in March of 2017. Jeff's price 10 years ago would probably seem like an incredible bargain today.

It's not a backhoe but massively beats a hand shovel, especially a 100 pound shovel.

As the spade is 18" wide and load capacity 2,000 pounds, it will lift a spade width of dirt in very tough conditions.
(Operator prudence always advised.)

What makes the Bucket Spade a value to me is not the acquisition price, which is one time, but how much I have used it for non-commercial landscaping applications in ten years.

A compact tractor Backhoe is $7,000. The forged BS/BS is $469. The BS fulfills 40% of Backhoes applications, WHILE LEAVING THE THREE POINT HITCH AVAILABLE FOR AN IMPLEMENT, most often a Rollover Box Blade for me, to fill holes rapidly and function as FEL counterbalance. PHOTO: ROBB pushing fill dirt.

If one has 15' or more trenching to accomplish, a Backhoe is superior for that application.

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
   / BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #76  
Ok, went off and read a few 10's of pages on stump removal; from weakest to strongest:
  1. bucket-clamp-on spade
    1. 20x20x24" hole, 78#, $300 https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200356535_200356535
    2. 27x18" hole, 83#, $300 XL Chain-On Quick Spade
    3. also the bucket solutions below
  2. fork-clamp on spade
    1. 20x20x24" hole,, 41#, $175 https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200356534_200356534
    2. 18x22x22" hole, 100#, $500 Tractor and Skidsteer bucket spade shovel
  3. backhoe
    1. I have a KB2475L, rated at 2800lb digging force
  4. stump bucket assuming a big enough tractor
    1. $500 Stump Bucket For Skid Steer Quick Attach, or $2000 Construction Attachments Worx Stump Bucket
    2. $2000 Construction Attachments Worx Stump Bucket
    3. I have a lighter CUT (ck2610); doesn't seem it can handle the bucket spade well (at all?)

how successful will the fork or bucket clamp/chain models be? I have primarily pine (eg softwod) stumps, soil isn't too rocky, 4-18" diam stumps (maybe 10 of the larger ones, 50 of the smaller). is there any consensus on which is more effective, easier to use, and/or easier on my small tractor (fork-clamp -vs- bucket clamp)?

How would these spades compare to my backhoe? Given the layout of the land / number of small stumps, being able to dislodge, and move, each stump without dismounting, stabilizing, and using the BH for every clump of ~5 of them sounds worth a few hundred $$ if it would work well. Or if i have something else like a skidder on the back.

Thanks!

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #77  
gotta love inflation :( from prices above, i see the bucket-solutions price has already increased 10% since Feb

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #78  
another interesting question - I see in several threads (not *all* Jeff lol) consensus seems to be that my ~4500lb (with FEL, BH) tractor is much to light for a stump bucket.

HOWEVER, if i were to go for the nicer clamp on (seems to be the BucketSolutions model, above, $500 - I fail to see how the actual digging geometry isn't that much better just going for a cheap Stump Bucket like the (also $500) Stump Bucket For Skid Steer Quick Attach.

the front of this implement is nearly the same size as a bucket, and it has ripper teath to break roots.

Thanks for your help.

/ BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT
another interesting question - I see in several threads (not *all* Jeff lol) consensus seems to be that my ~4500lb (with FEL, BH) tractor is much to light for a stump bucket.

Your 2,700 pound bare weight CK2610 is too light to operate a stump bucket.

T-B-N ARCHIVE: Can my tractor handle a tree spade?

As you have a Backhoe, I would consider any bucket spade superfluous.

Kioti CK2610 Dimensions​

Kioti CK2610 tractor photo
2016 -
Compact Utility tractor
Series:CK2510CK2610CK3510

Dimensions
Wheelbase:65.7 inches
166 cm
Length:120.9 inches
307 cm
Width:55.1 inches
139 cm (R1)
63.1 inches
160 cm (R4)
Height:99.2 inches
251 cm
Gear Weight:2646 lbs
1200 kg
Hydro Weight:2701 lbs
1225 kg
Ground clearance:13.4 inches
34 cm
Front tread:44.6 inches
113 cm
Rear tread:51.3 inches
130 cm

Last edited:
   / BUCKET SPADE TODAY // FEL BUCKET ATTACHMENT #80  
Hi Jeff - yes, thanks to your other posts I understand that's the conclusion (and I believe it to be correct, in that I would certainly not be able to fully use the stump bucket, severely limited on both pushing it in, as well as curling or backing up / ripping roots, at least with full depth/engagement)

However, my interest in the front-spade is so that i can clear lots of small stumps (and some rocks), and just tip them back into the bucket, drive to slash pile, etc, repeat ...

I have 75-100 of these; using the backhoe would only let me handle a couple at a time (they are stumps, they're not right next to each other), then switch seats, turn around, turn the tractor around (It's still in the woods), pick up .... seems like if a spade could handle it (say 4~5in pine stumps), it would be a heck of a lot faster to have it on the front. And similarly, i'd probably use it later to landscaping where I'm moving shrubs from a truck, poking a few small holes, pushing dirt around. Obviously when i need a big hole ... i bought the BH. But these are lots of little holes combined with moving around.

Finally the stump bucket (for which cheap / light duty versions are the same price as a nice clamp-on spade), would seem to me to handle all that work better, and the front of it is the same size as a spade, so IF i can use a spade successfully, the stump bucket would work even better within my limits.

I think that boils down to two questions:
  • on a small CUT, is the spade effective for removing SMALL stumps (ignoring my backhoe)
  • am i missing some downside / limitation of the stump bucket (vs the spade) IFF i am not realistic that I can't use the "whole" thing/depth - eg just the front ~20" or so when digging).
Thanks!