Building Lake Corona

/ Building Lake Corona #1,001  
One of the first things dad built on his farm in the late 1940s was a pond.
View attachment 689225
Yeah, my dad was from the school where without a water supply, it wasnt a farm. Your pic looks so similar to what we had.
That you in the red windbreaker?

Austere, yet beautiful scenery Buckeyefarmer.
When were at Ohio University to see my daughter, I observed a lot of the winter backbone of S. Ohio.
Saw a lot of railroads-many abandoned, hills, old farmland, rivers....
Really, really beautiful. Must have been a thriving place 50+ years ago. My area suffering similar fate.

Last edited:
   / Building Lake Corona #1,002  
Yeah, my dad was from the school where without a water supply, it wasnt a farm. Your pic looks so similar to what we had.
That you in the red windbreaker?

Austere, yet beautiful scenery Buckeyefarmer.
When were at Ohio University to see my daughter, I observed a lot of the winter backbone of S. Ohio.
Saw a lot of railroads-many abandoned, hills, old farmland, rivers....
Really, really beautiful. Must have been a thriving place 50+ years ago. My area suffering similar fate.

One of the 3 could be me. I think picture taken dec 24 1977, though grass seems pretty green for December.

/ Building Lake Corona
#1,003  
Looks like we finally have some rain in the forecast. Next four days looks like a decent chance. At the moment it doesn't look like anything heavy but it's a start. Hopefully we will get enough to at least get the rest of the bottom covered. Used the last two 55 gallon drums I had today and a roll of 3" drain tile to make one more artificial habitat in a shallower area of the pond before things get wet.

2021-03-09_06-16-21

/ Building Lake Corona #1,004  
Looks like we finally have some rain in the forecast. Next four days looks like a decent chance. At the moment it doesn't look like anything heavy but it's a start. Hopefully we will get enough to at least get the rest of the bottom covered. Used the last two 55 gallon drums I had today and a roll of 3" drain tile to make one more artificial habitat in a shallower area of the pond before things get wet.

2021-03-09_06-16-21
If that should ever float to the surface you’ll be able to sell tickets. :alien:

/ Building Lake Corona
#1,008  
It's Jeremy's Loch Ness Monster Brandi!!!!
I was hoping by now I would be able to post a pic of that monster poking his head out of the water but so far no luck. Just enough drizzle to make it miserable here.

/ Building Lake Corona #1,010  
I was hoping by now I would be able to post a pic of that monster poking his head out of the water but so far no luck. Just enough drizzle to make it miserable here.
Same here. Wind has really picked up this afternoon. Hasn't this been a terribly windy year?