Building Lake Corona

/ Building Lake Corona
#1,061  
Will put out a measuring stick after this round of rain. So far with each fill I've lost a couple of inches initially before settling but not as much as this last round. A measuring stick will tell me if it's steady per day or slowing down.

/ Building Lake Corona #1,062  
I used a plastic yard stick and put it in upside down so it was flush with the top of the water when full. When it dropped an inch, then 1 inch was exposed. When it was down 6 inches, then that's what was exposed on the yard stick.

For me, it was good to understand how much I lost from evaporation. I was nervous of a leak and this showed me that it wasn't leaking. I lose about 2 inches per week when it's hot out. Once Summer is over, I have zero loss.

/ Building Lake Corona #1,063  
You might be right, Eddie. I'm a fan of bentonite but worst case... Jk can augment his banks.
I agree with Eddie. 6 inches is a lot of lost water.

Bentonite is great when you know where the leak is. Just drop a few bags over the leak and wait and watch. When a pond is leaking all over, Bentonite can get $$$$. Sometimes discing bentonite in is the best way.
hugs, Brandi

/ Building Lake Corona #1,064  
Update please? Enquiring minds want to know! I'm in NE Alabama and it's been like monsoons down here.

/ Building Lake Corona #1,067  
Yep, JK it has been a month... what's up?
Hopefully he is very busy with his wedding venue and his fireworks businesses. I to am anxious to see a picture of his new pond, but I will wait. Jon

/ Building Lake Corona #1,068  
Add me to the list of people looking forward to seeing pictures of a full pond!!!!

/ Building Lake Corona #1,069  
Any updates? I'd like to send some of our rain your way. I've had to remove water from my pool 3 times this summer and have yet to add any since I opened it.

/ Building Lake Corona #1,070  
I think JK has started a new project. I wonder what he’s getting into this time.