bumper pull vs goose neck

/ bumper pull vs goose neck #41  
Several Ford, GM and Ram 1/2tons here with GN balls towing stock trailers, horse trailers and flat beds. The 10K+ tow rating 1/2 tons were a game changer.

Awesome!!! Glad it's working for them!!!

/ bumper pull vs goose neck
Just an update, I did end up going with a 24'(21'+3") 102" wide with drive over fenders. Here is a picture of hooked up empty. I measured the distance from the fender well to the ground, front and rear before and after. I will also take measurements after I get the tractor loaded this weekend. Thanks for all of the discussion on this.

No trailer: Front: 39-1/4" Rear: 40"
Empty Trailer: Front: 39-1/4" Rear: 38-1/4"

trailer.jpg

/ bumper pull vs goose neck #43  
Nice. You might want some air bags for the rear end of your truck..... squatting pretty good already with an unloaded trailer. Even with all that dead weight bolted on up front, haha.

I suppose you "leveled" your truck ?

/ bumper pull vs goose neck
Yes truck has 2.5" spacers in the front so that contributes to the perceived sag in the rear. I do have an "add-a-leaf" put on the rear. I'll see how it looks with the tractor loaded Saturday or Sunday.

/ bumper pull vs goose neck #45  
Nice. You might want some air bags for the rear end of your truck..... squatting pretty good already with an unloaded trailer. Even with all that dead weight bolted on up front, haha.

I suppose you "leveled" your truck ?

Air bags are great!
I added them, and it made towing pleasurable.

/ bumper pull vs goose neck #46  
Just an update, I did end up going with a 24'(21'+3") 102" wide with drive over fenders. Here is a picture of hooked up empty. I measured the distance from the fender well to the ground, front and rear before and after. I will also take measurements after I get the tractor loaded this weekend. Thanks for all of the discussion on this.

No trailer: Front: 39-1/4" Rear: 40"
Empty Trailer: Front: 39-1/4" Rear: 38-1/4"

View attachment 675432

Dang. Thats the kind of trailer I am looking for. Just cannot seem to find much near me and/or reasonably priced.

/ bumper pull vs goose neck #47  
Dang. Thats the kind of trailer I am looking for. Just cannot seem to find much near me and/or reasonably priced.

That entire rig is absolutely magnificent!

/ bumper pull vs goose neck #48  
That entire rig is absolutely magnificent!

Yes it is. I have a 20+5 dual tandem but no longer have an 18,000lb backhoe that needs moved on ocassion.

Im down to just a 8000# mini ex and a ~8000# tractor at its heaviest.

Dad has a 22' BP and its so much nicer loading stuff on it as opposed to the deckover. Its just too short for tractor + loader + bushhog.

I been shopping for GN 24' with the deck between the fenders. And looking at prices through 2nd-tier MFG's like Appalachian, Kauffman, Quality, etc and seeing $4800-$5200 prices I was hopeful at finding one. But then seeing ironbulls, PJ's, Gators, etc and some of the prices eclipsing 8k gets discouraging.

I dont wanna drive 200 miles to get a trailer.....so still keeping my eyes local for something to pop up

/ bumper pull vs goose neck #49  
Yes it is. I have a 20+5 dual tandem but no longer have an 18,000lb backhoe that needs moved on ocassion.

Im down to just a 8000# mini ex and a ~8000# tractor at its heaviest.

Dad has a 22' BP and its so much nicer loading stuff on it as opposed to the deckover. Its just too short for tractor + loader + bushhog.

I been shopping for GN 24' with the deck between the fenders. And looking at prices through 2nd-tier MFG's like Appalachian, Kauffman, Quality, etc and seeing $4800-$5200 prices I was hopeful at finding one. But then seeing ironbulls, PJ's, Gators, etc and some of the prices eclipsing 8k gets discouraging.

I dont wanna drive 200 miles to get a trailer.....so still keeping my eyes local for something to pop up

Kaufman trailers seem to have a good reputation, and THEY deliver!

/ bumper pull vs goose neck #50  
Kaufman trailers seem to have a good reputation, and THEY deliver!

Yea, I havent heard much bad about them. BUT, and its a big but.....because everyone treats/stores/and uses them differently.....but the few kauffman trailers that I have seen in my area on the used market....4-5 years old....look like they are 10-15 years old. So I dont know what that says about them.

And delivery cost pushes their prices to the point I might as well order one local and get a PJ, Suretrac, etc