Bush Hog blades not swinging freely

/ Bush Hog blades not swinging freely #31  
The photo of used blades by DesertEagle71 show the origin of problem I had. The clean spot on the blade around the bolt means it was rubbing the blade holder.
The blades have a drop built into them. As the blades are rotated at a fast speed centrifugal force tries to lift the outer ends to be in line with the mounting point. That is the reason you see the bright spot on the outside of the blade bolt.

/ Bush Hog blades not swinging freely
The blade hole is 1 1/2"? If so, your washers will go over the 1 1/2" shoulder that the blade swing on and compress your blades even more. I think you need a spacer that is 1 1/2" OD and an ID to fit the shank of the bolt.
od of shoulder of bolt is 1 1/2. same as id of washer. washer just extends the 1 1/2 dim. past the top of the blade more. od of washer is 2 1/2. washer will give me about another .050 clearance between blade and stump jumper. washer .075 thick but shoulder on bolt already extends .025 past top of blade So. blade mount bolt passes through hole in blade ,washer put on top of blade then mounted to stup jumper

washer sitting on top of shoulder protruding through blade.
300525436_387822330098169_2301498136729337730_n.jpg

/ Bush Hog blades not swinging freely #34  
Thanks, Let us know how it works out.

/ Bush Hog blades not swinging freely #35  
od of shoulder of bolt is 1 1/2. same as id of washer. washer just extends the 1 1/2 dim. past the top of the blade more. od of washer is 2 1/2. washer will give me about another .050 clearance between blade and stump jumper. washer .075 thick but shoulder on bolt already extends .025 past top of blade So. blade mount bolt passes through hole in blade ,washer put on top of blade then mounted to stup jumper
By your description, I don't think this will work. My washer's ID was enough to clear the threaded portion of the blade bolt but not the shoulder. The shoulder of the bolt is in contact with the washer, not the stump jumper / blade holder.

In your photo, it looks like the shoulder is through the ID of the washer.

By your description, I don't think this will work. My washer's ID was enough to clear the threaded portion of the blade bolt but not the shoulder. The shoulder of the bolt is in contact with the washer, not the stump jumper / blade holder.

In your photo, it looks like the shoulder is through the ID of the washer.
You are correct . purchased 1-1/8 machine bushings that is bolt shank size and used 7/32 chainsaw file to clear crimped keyway on bolt . Now bushing sets on top of the shoulder with id clearing bolt shank. Post from Gene P got me thinking. Thanks Gene P. Temporarily had head up buttt. Back on right track now I think

/ Bush Hog blades not swinging freely #37  
If the Stumpjumper is bent it will keep the blades from moving freely mine got bent using a forklift on it one time