BX filter relocation

/ BX filter relocation #12  
That is a real sorry place to mount it.

Not really. Very similar to other tractors. Guess it’s like anything... gotta pay attention. On the BX, it’s not much worse than the stupid HST fan. Be careful.

Smokeydog just posted a picture of his grill guard on this forum, and I noticed his filters on his L-Series aren’t located much better from the factory. The B’s aren’t much better.

Last edited:
   / BX filter relocation #13  
I'd be grateful for a better suggestion. I looked the tractor over pretty carefully and found this to be the best compromise between accessibility and protection. Mine (Racor) has been in place for more than a few years with no problem, and it's easy to check and replace the bowl/filter

/ BX filter relocation #14  
I would have to disagree. I've had mine for three years and haven't paid it any attention at all when using the tractor and have had no problems. Not only that, the location makes it easy to do a quick visual on the filter. Don't forget that these are small tractors and that really limits the location possibilities.

/ BX filter relocation #15  
I got my fuel filter kit from Mike (bxbotaproducts) almost 4yrs ago. Zero problems or issues since installed on our BX23s. Best kit on the market as far as i`m concerned. Mike`s attention to detail making these kits is spot on. It took no time at all installing it. Its straight up foreword, detailed instructions. Its a WIN/WIN. To bad Kubota couldn`t have done this from the factory. Its not like they dont have the parts already sitting there. I did leave the small factory filter up front. I dont see any reason to change that out to something else, unless it becomes an issue at some point. I change ALL my fuel filters once a year. Just good insurance.

Now, the very first time i changed the large fuel filter in its first year of owning it, there was a bunch of water in the bottom of the cup. Tractor never skipped a beat either, but i`m sure happy to know to look for that from now on. Thankfully by installing Mike`s filter kit, otherwise i would have never known there was that much water in the fuel system. I must have gotten some bad fuel along the way. Now i watch the cup alot more often. If this had been the OEM tiny filters, that water would have froze and killed the tractor during wintertime.

Buy once, cry once. Anyone on the fence thinking about it, buy the kit, it will save you from painful headaches later on down the road. My first year, it saved me from a headache.

And the beauty of this kit, you can go to kubota and get the correct filter for it. (L series filter) I bought a few spares just incase.

/ BX filter relocation #16  
Just bought and installed the Botaproducts filter kit. Excellent execution and quality. Gave me the gumption to take care of this problem. The Kubota filter they supply is for the L series tractor which has a positive on/off valve and is made of metal. The bowl is translucent so you can see if there are contaminants or water. The filter mount will outlive anything I can throw at it!
After 4yrs with this kit on our BX23s, i`m still lovin mine! Zero problems or issues. Mike sells a GREAT kit, it works.