BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity?

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #1  

BurZ

Tractor
none
Hi all,
I was seriously looking at a BX until I watched Tractor Tim's video in which the John Deere 1025R was able to lift vastly more weight than a BX 2680 (and I would be going 1 step down with the BX23s)

That said, I would love to make a Kubota work but don't want to limit myself unnecessarily, and have to stay in the SCUT size class.

So, are there any tips or ways to get the Kubota's lifting capacity more on par with the JD or Massey Ferguson tractors?

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #2  

Bruce

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity?
Wish I could but the SCUT is my limit-- so I'll have to make the best of the class capabilities.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #5  
As far as "going with a smaller BX", they each have the same lift capacities across the different BX sizes. If the 2680 would lift what you need, so would the 2380.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #6  
Don't forget to figure out how to make the front axle and everything in it stronger too!!

Never mind, the parts guys have to eat too! lol

SR

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #7  
Hi all,
I was seriously looking at a BX until I watched Tractor Tim's video in which the John Deere 1025R was able to lift vastly more weight than a BX 2680 (and I would be going 1 step down with the BX23s)

That said, I would love to make a Kubota work but don't want to limit myself unnecessarily, and have to stay in the SCUT size class.

So, are there any tips or ways to get the Kubota's lifting capacity more on par with the JD or Massey Ferguson tractors?

Don’t get the Kubota QA FEL option. It is very heavy, moves the FEL forward too much, and reduces the FEL lift capacity substantially. (Check it out on the Kubota website.)

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #8  
Crank up the hydraulic pressure a bit but be apprised that when you crank up the pressure, the operated components (cylinders and seals" don't last as long and the front axle suffers (from overloading) as well.

A double edged sword. I'd buy a larger tractor and be done with it. \\Far as the Kubota SSQA mount, it don't weight all that much (unlike the ATI or Great Plains SSQA mount) which are quite heavy. The OEM SSQA mount on my M9 OS weighs about 65 pounds. I have the ATI mount on my other M9 and it weighs just a tad over 100 pounds but is much more robust compared to the OEM SSQA.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #9  
According to the published specs, the oem SSQA reduces lift capacity by 126 lbs at th pins, and 86 lbs 500mm out.

When my bx comes in I'm going to get the test/shim kit to make sure my pressure is up to spec, but I don't want to boost it over what it should be. I'm going to get the quick attach from AI2 to use with my pin on attachments. It is lighter than the SSQA and keeps the bucket tucked in closer than the SSQA system.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #10  
You will find the load limit of any tractor when you overload it and break something. Your next step is to get your wallet out and pay for the lesson.

Just because it CAN lift it doesn't mean it SHOULD lift it...