BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity?

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #11  
I never understood why people buy a small tractor and then immediately want to increase the lift capacity. My philosophy is buy a bigger unit that is designed and built for larger capacity and be done with it.

Kind of like buying cheap fluids and aftermarket filters because the cost is less. In the log run, that less can turn into a lot more (cost).

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #12  
I'd suggest figuring out how much you want to lift and then multiple that weight by 2 or 3 to get close the weight of machine you should probably be seeking (at a minimum).

From what I've seen in my looking most types of equipment have a lifting capacity that is roughly 1/2 to 1/3 the machine weight - with an exception (usually - but not always) being forklifts (which are pretty dedicated/focused machines). So after excluding forklifts, telehandlers tend to have some of the better lift to weight ratios that I've seen, but even they don't always get to usable lift capacities equal to 1/2 of the machine's operating weight.

At some point the hydraulics just don't matter any more and it comes down to the simple physics of levers and counterbalances ..... as further limited by material strengths.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #13  
My BX2200's loader is strong enough to lift the back end off with a ~650 lb flail mower on the back.

Even if you could increase the lift capacity, the tractor is still useless because it's unstable at high weights.

You sir, need a bigger machine.

*I suggest taking at minimum an online forklift safety class. It will teach you many great things. And for jest, find this video on YouTube: Forklift Driver Klaus – The First Day on the Job

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #14  
Hi all,
I was seriously looking at a BX until I watched Tractor Tim's video in which the John Deere 1025R was able to lift vastly more weight than a BX 2680 (and I would be going 1 step down with the BX23s)

That said, I would love to make a Kubota work but don't want to limit myself unnecessarily, and have to stay in the SCUT size class.

So, are there any tips or ways to get the Kubota's lifting capacity more on par with the JD or Massey Ferguson tractors?

I found that LS offered a lot more capacity for a lot less $$$. I really wanted a Kubota, but the economics did not make sense.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #15  
Suggest buying what fits your need and wallet. Like buying a half ton truck but needing a one ton!

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #16  
Check YouTube out plenty of videos on how to do it

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #17  
I raised the pressure to 2000 PSI on my BX as soon as it was out of warranty. What a difference in lift. At 2000 PSI In reach max hydraulic pressure, no need to exceed that RPM. I had discussed this with the shop foreman at my dealer. He said he no indications that doing so would increase hydraulic and or front end. His best advice was always have a rear counterbalance weight to help reduce front end loading. I have my BH on most of the time and have up to 500# of rear weight for the 3 PT. Bottom line, it now has over 1500 hours and no discernable problems have come up. In fact I have had only minor problems like interlocks, nothing I could not fix my self.

Ron

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #18  
Been my experience that most Kubota tractors can loft the rear tires with a loader attached and nothing on the back end for counter weight. I've owned at least 10 Kubota's in my lifetime and they all were able to lift the rear tires. My M9's will as well. I get over 2500 pounds on the forks and the back gets light. Bought all of them new except the open station I have now, that one was used and I 'refurbished' it. The cab M9 I bought (ordered) new.

Problem with lifting the rear tires is the front axle pivots and you get that 'tipsy' feeling real fast.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #19  
Dont get hung up on the specs. Buy the tractor that you like and feel most comfortable operating. ITs not like you are buying a SCUT to unload pallets of material off a semi every other day. People use them to haul dirt, compost, mulch, spread some sand and gravel, etc. They will both do it just fine. The one that will do it better, is simply the one you are most comfortable and fluent operating.

Trying to compare tractors based solely on Loader lift specs is not a smart way to shop. The deere is a bigger tractor. Sure its in the same "class". But its still bigger. A B will lift WAY more than both.....and if you havent actually been to a dealer and looked at them....its not "that" much bigger. Its a few inches longer...few inches wider, few inches taller....thats it. And about 100# bigger than the BX....and 50# more than the deere. So really....comparing the BX to the deere is about as fair as comparing the deere to the B.

But then you can jump again....deere 2-series.....Kubota LX...or L.....deere 3-series....

You gotta decide when enough is enough and stop paper-spec shopping. No matter what you get....two things are going to be true...1. there is always gonna be another tractor that spec's better....and 2. you are always gonna find something that you cant lift. You can have a 150hp tractor and a loader than can lift 7000#.....and you gonna find a time where it just wont lift what you want.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #20  
I didn't even consider another brand, simply because the 'bota dealership is 2 miles away and I know the people who work there. I also know many people with small Kubota tractors who are entirely happy. Before I got to poking around on these forums I wouldn't have had any idea the lift capacity was considered low. For me and my acre, the BX will fit the bill .