BX weight lifting test

/ BX weight lifting test #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
In my previous thread, Hauling concrete, I was asked if I had tested it to the limit. I hadn't, but I knew some more moving was coming up.

These retaining wall blocks are listed as 67 pounds each. The ground was near level. Tractor is a 3 year old BX2360, RPM was about 2000.

Rear: It lifted 12 blocks (804 lbs), pallet, carryall, and quick hitch to full height. Another block added limited lift to about 8 inches. Total would be somewhere in the low 900 lbs. Blocks were toward the front of the pallet, but stacked evenly, not in only one tall row.

BXrear12x67OK.JPG

Front: It lifted 12 blocks (804 lbs) to this height:

BXfront12x67limit.JPG

Each block removed allowed about a foot more lift. Curling the bucket fully back allowed about one more block to be lifted to the same height.

Nine blocks, 603 lbs, allowed a full lift, starting with the bucket level, so it had a partial tilt back when high.

BXfront9x67OK.JPG

A pretty strong little tractor.

Bruce

/ BX weight lifting test #3  
Sure beats the wheelbarrow

/ BX weight lifting test #4  
Not bad at all. Seems it was doing a bit better than what Kubota even lists it at.
Do you think you would get a bit more lift if the RPMs were up?
Nice work

/ BX weight lifting test
Never in the past, moving boulders, has an increase over about 1800 RPM made a difference in weight I could lift.

Bruce

/ BX weight lifting test #6  
Nice real world test.I am curious if you have ever checked the hydraulic pressure or adjusted the pressure relief valve?

/ BX weight lifting test #7  
Good information.

What loader do you have on your BX2360?

How much rear counterbalance did you have when you performed the FEL tests? (tires/wheel weights/3-Pt.)

Did you have any weight in the bucket when you performed the 3-Pt. lift tests?

/ BX weight lifting test #8  
I thought the 3pt did pretty good Especially see there is a QA on the rear - figure that moves the weight out a bit more.
Never tested mine - I did notice my Hydro pressure is low so I am sure there is more to be had if one wishes.

/ BX weight lifting test #9  
Factory specs are usually conservative and include a safety margin. The manufacurer does not want to go on record saying it's ok to push the product to the absolute limit. Also, while it may be possible to exceed the facotry specs, doing so on a regular basis may shorten the duty life of certain components.

/ BX weight lifting test
Nice real world test.I am curious if you have ever checked the hydraulic pressure or adjusted the pressure relief valve?

Never checked or adjusted.

Bruce