BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity?

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #21  
I didn't even consider another brand, simply because the 'bota dealership is 2 miles away and I know the people who work there. I also know many people with small Kubota tractors who are entirely happy. Before I got to poking around on these forums I wouldn't have had any idea the lift capacity was considered low. For me and my acre, the BX will fit the bill .
I wouldnt even go as far as to say the BX lift capacity is considered low. Its a smaller tractor than the deere.

And there are even smaller machines made with loaders. Tractors are not a one size fits all. They make different sizes for a reason and it gives us options. And they are all better than a shovel and a wheelbarrow. If you NEED more lift capacity....buy a bigger tractor that has more lift capacity. Simple as that.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #22  
MF specs there GC series at just under 2000psi stock, mine was spot on 2000 when I got it home, rasing a bx up is fine IMO.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #23  
Like Tractor Seabee, I raised the pressure to 2,000 almost 2,500 hard working hours ago. The factory spec for my BX24D is 1778-1849 and from the factory pressure was at the low end. All tires are foamed. The tractor has no trouble handling a full bucket even with the BXpanded bucket expander.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #24  
Both my BX’s give me the willies when I get near “capacities.” If it takes one or two more lifts or trips to be comfortable and safe on the machine then I’m ok with it. I got hung up on PTO hp and ended up with a 2660, which has been an excellent machine. I prefer the BX23 however as it is just such a nice smooth runner. The 60 is just wound tighter to get that output. Real world use, is “lift capacity” a deal breaker. BX’s are nice tractors. I believe the smaller JD’s are actually made by Yanmar.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #25  
   / BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #26  
I would think a sub-compact is a subcompact. I ran a small ~18HP B from time to time and was amazed at how well it performed moving sand into horse stalls. The sand was heavy even dry, it did really really well.

Kubota runs more money than JD, even in the bigger stuff. Between the L47 TLB and the comparable JD, it is about $8-10K more. But, if you look close, you can see some differences. The (sub) frame construction is immediately noticeable.

But, it's hard to argue with 10-15% less. My bud has a 5065E series and uses it every day for grading as a concrete contractor, and it has held up very well. That PowerReverser has me thinking of never getting a hydro again. I find the hydro on my L48 to be laboriously slow in reverse.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #27  
Last new tractor I bought, deere was more than a kubota, and both were more than an equal sized Agco, AND the Agco was MORE tractor.

Easy decision for me, and I still think I made the right decision.

SR

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #28  
I would think a sub-compact is a subcompact. I ran a small ~18HP B from time to time and was amazed at how well it performed moving sand into horse stalls. The sand was heavy even dry, it did really really well.

Kubota runs more money than JD, even in the bigger stuff. Between the L47 TLB and the comparable JD, it is about $8-10K more. But, if you look close, you can see some differences. The (sub) frame construction is immediately noticeable.

But, it's hard to argue with 10-15% less. My bud has a 5065E series and uses it every day for grading as a concrete contractor, and it has held up very well. That PowerReverser has me thinking of never getting a hydro again. I find the hydro on my L48 to be laboriously slow in reverse.
Thats opposite of what I've seen here, typically a comparable deere is more then Kubota, the main thing I see is unequal comparisons as far as models go, comparing premium models to more basic (or economy) models.

What model does Deere have that compares to the L47? Kubota seems to have pretty much cornered the smaller dedicated TLB market last I looked.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #29  
I find the hydro on my L48 to be laboriously slow in reverse.

That is because you have construction gear ratios.

If you had a farm-oriented /60 'Grand L' with a Backhoe, the base from which the L48 is derived, you would have 'faster', higher ratio gearing in both forward and reverse.

/ BX owners: any ways to increase loader capacity? #30  
Comparing the BX to the 1-Serirs isn’t a great comparison. The 1-Series sits pretty squarely between the BX and B-Series. This is great for having an option that fits all size needs, but doesn’t allow for the best comparison shopping. I went with a BX25D-1, partly due to wanting something smaller. There were other factors (a big one was the $5,000 extra the JD cost, at that time), but if I had gone with the JD 1-Series, there are a lot of jobs I would have had to turn down, due to the size. If the BX isn’t enough tractor, look at the B or one of the many good competing models, from other manufacturers.