Comparison bx2370 or jd1025r

/ bx2370 or jd1025r #1  

seedguys

Tractor
wheel horse
Sold My Old Wheel Horse. Looking At Bx2370 Or Jd1025r.Leaning Toward Kubota. $2000 Difference InFavor OF Kubota. Dont Like The PlastiC OfJd. Any Thoughts

/ bx2370 or jd1025r #2  
Sold My Old Wheel Horse. Looking At Bx2370 Or Jd1025r.Leaning Toward Kubota. $2000 Difference InFavor OF Kubota. Dont Like The PlastiC OfJd. Any Thoughts

The Kubota has several advantages over the Deere.

With the Kubota you can raise and curl the loader at same time. On the Deere you can't.

The BX has a center antiscalp wheel on the mower deck. The Deere doesn't, which is unacceptable on a 54'' or 60'' deck.

The BX has better ground clearance.

The BX has more power/ torque.

The BX's 3 point hitch lift arms don't require a tarp strap to keep them from rubbing the tires when there is not a implement on the 3PH. The Deere does.

The BX has a nice large operator platform.

The BX has a curved loader boom for better visibility.

The BX has 6'' of clearance on the mower deck the 1 series has 4''.

/ bx2370 or jd1025r #3  
I looked at them both very heavy. I ended up with the BX. Personally I think the seat on the JD is the best out there no getting around that. I also like where they put the loader controls on the JD, on the BX it looks like an OOPS we forgot that....ahh crap where are we going to put it. I also like where the 12V outlet is on the JD over the BX. The JD also has a tilt wheel....I really wanted that as well. Are you listening Kubota.

All that said I went with the Kubota.

I had had JD tractors before and really liked them....but you are right that plastic just seems cheap to me. And it is cheaper to make, but the parts and the machine are not cheaper. I also felt that it will crack as it ages or gets cold. Just like a car bumper, and I suspect it is the same type of material it will crack after it gets old, cold, and takes a bump.

The JD also just had a lighter feel to it, it was nice, but the Kubota just had a more heavy duty feel to it, can't put my finger on it, but drive it, play in the dirt and I think you will understand.

Kubota also makes darn near everything on their machine, I have a JD650 that I can't get parts for....need a front PTO clutch, JD does not stock it anymore tells me to call Yanmar, Yanmar tells me to call Deere.....that finger pointing really made me mad...big point for Kubota.

Kubota also has an agreement with Land Pride....They had that grapple and while it could be made to work on the 1 series it was really made for the BX. You can also get the Kubota 0% on all the land pride attachments that go with it.

Kubota insurance....they cover stupid.....that says it all....I know I am going to do very stupid things with my tractor.....they will cover it.

I am new to the little tractor and only have about 32 hours on my machine....right now it has done everything I have asked it to do...I am very happy.

/ bx2370 or jd1025r #4  
11 years ago I looked at Green, Blue and Kubota. Bought the BX2200 FEL MMM for $3000 less (Barlows) than the green and $2500 less than the Blue. Have bought 16 more Kubotas since then, one of them I bought twice and still have it. Currently getting green promotional mail :laughing: but they're wasting their time, printing costs and mailing costs. I'm Orange Kubota (primarily because of cost) and that's why I spend time here on the Kubota forum, never go to any of the other color forums like they do to this Orange one. I think it's remorse that they didn't buy Orange to start with and keep drifting over here trying to find an orange owner complaining. Maybe one day I'll see if any of the other color owners complain but don't see me doing that in the near future. They made their choice(s) just like me and we have to live with our choices or trade which I've found is very easy to do.:D :cool2:

/ bx2370 or jd1025r
started OutLooking At X730jd. ThenFoundOut It Was $650 To upgrade TireS. Said Whoa! $650 AndWhatHappensTo old Tires WhenTheyChange Them? Just Nit Happy With Jd HoLier Than Thou Attitude. That Said, If They Were The Best I Probably Still Get The 1025R. I Honestly Think The Kubota Is Very Comparable.

/ bx2370 or jd1025r #6  
I really like the position control 3PH on the John Deere as well as quick attach MMM, we have a five year old John Deere 2305 and even older 425 on which the plastic parts look new, so that doesn't bother me. The Deere also eliminated the HST fan, so it has some nice features.

My wife an I looked at the new John Deere a couple of years ago, but in spite of things I like about the JD will stick with BX which surprised me as the JD really looks good as far as features etc.

/ bx2370 or jd1025r #7  
The deere has a limited car 1 3 point hitch were the BX has a category 1 3 point hitch.

/ bx2370 or jd1025r #9  
Isn't the BX still considered a limited CAT 1 hitch?

The newer BX's (for sure from 50 series on) are true cat 1, based on cat 1 technical specs. Older BX's were "limited Cat 1" because their 3pt did not meet cat 1 specs. However, even the newer BX's do still have physical limitations due to the height of the BX and the 3 pt's arm lengths and spread. It is a small tractor after all...

So, though they do have a Standard Cat 1 hitch, we need to be mindful that there are some cat 1 implements you can run into that will not really fit, due to the "limitations" of the tractor size and/or arm spread. Folks on here have reported cases where certain implements couldn't be used - I remember an example of a post hole digger (too long for the BX), and I'm sure I remember at least one other example that was given.

I've never heard of an alternative that couldn't be found though. That is, there are other cat 1 post hole diggers made for use with SCUTs, etc.

/ bx2370 or jd1025r
The newer BX's (for sure from 50 series on) are true cat 1, based on cat 1 technical specs. Older BX's were "limited Cat 1" because their 3pt did not meet cat 1 specs. However, even the newer BX's do still have physical limitations due to the height of the BX and the 3 pt's arm lengths and spread. It is a small tractor after all...

So, though they do have a Standard Cat 1 hitch, we need to be mindful that there are some cat 1 implements you can run into that will not really fit, due to the "limitations" of the tractor size and/or arm spread. Folks on here have reported cases where certain implements couldn't be used - I remember an example of a post hole digger (too long for the BX), and I'm sure I remember at least one other example that was given.

I've never heard of an alternative that couldn't be found though. That is, there are other cat 1 post hole diggers made for use with SCUTs, etc.

What Is A price For The Two? Right Now I Am At $13900 For The Kubota And $16500 For The Jd - Before Taxes