BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #62  
I just finished digging a dry well with 120 foot drain. You are correct, moving the seat again and again to move 3-5 feet forward to keep digging is a pain.

I found that if you apply the forward petal when the seat is reversed, the tractor will stall. By design I assume.
Standing beside the tractor I was able to very gently apply the gas (front petal) by hand and move the tractor without stalling. Works fine to move very slowly 3-5 feet only.
Probably not supposed to do this but I found it a great time saver.

If the seat is reversed, there are 2 safety switches that are exposed where the front of the seat would be. I just push them down with my fingers and then can use the pedal to move the tractor forward. As you said, if you don't hold them down, it will stall. Sure beats turning the seat around all the time! :)

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #63  
I just have a zip tie on mine. Can just slide it off for normal operations then back on for backhoe work.

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #64  
I just finished digging a dry well with 120 foot drain. You are correct, moving the seat again and again to move 3-5 feet forward to keep digging is a pain.

I found that if you apply the forward pedal when the seat is reversed, the tractor will stall. By design I assume.
Standing beside the tractor I was able to very gently apply the gas (front pedal) by hand and move the tractor without stalling. Works fine to move very slowly 3-5 feet only.
Probably not supposed to do this but I found it a great time saver.

LOL... i hear that warrior, i took the advice from a couple other good gentlemen in this forum... i got me a walking cane velcro`d to the ROP`s to reach around an push the go pedal when i need to move the tractor, that way i dont ever have to get out of the BH seated area... i by-passed the seat switch by wiring a AUX switch when i`m in back-hoe operating mode. When i`m not using the BH, i flip the AUX switch and i`m back in business like normal with the seat safety switches running normal. Yup, i agree, we`re not supposed to mess with safety features, BUT, safety features were only installed for dumb people that dont think about running things safely.

Workin smarter, not harder :)

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities
LOL... i hear that warrior, i took the advice from a couple other good gentlemen in this forum... i got me a walking cane velcro`d to the ROP`s to reach around an push the go pedal when i need to move the tractor, that way i dont ever have to get out of the BH seated area... i by-passed the seat switch by wiring a AUX switch when i`m in back-hoe operating mode. When i`m not using the BH, i flip the AUX switch and i`m back in business like normal with the seat safety switches running normal. Yup, i agree, we`re not supposed to mess with safety features, BUT, safety features were only installed for dumb people that dont think about running things safely.

Workin smarter, not harder :)

Anytime you wanna feel like posting pics and instructions on that AUX switch Feel free! :)

/ BX23S / BX25 Back hoe capabilities #66  
Anytime you wanna feel like posting pics and instructions on that AUX switch Feel free! :)

Sorry GenLee, but i dont want to put any specifics out there... once again, sorry. :(